Menu

What happened to Drew Campbell Plaid Dad

Plaid Dad went to teach at a start-up Classical Catholic School. Something pretty tumultuous happened during his time there, and he left the school and Catholicism behind. I haven't been in touch in the past year (my loss) but it sounds like he and his family are happy to be homeschooling again, and that he is working on his German again.

But I lost track about a year ago--computer kerfuffle lost most of my blog-bookmarks and it took awhile to figure it out. And my brain is a sieve anymore.

Thanks for the update. I have his book around here somewhere. (Unless I of course have the wrong person in mind)

I miss his posts. Does he have a different name now?

No, he hasn't been active on the boards for a while. He's left Facebook too, but is on Google Plus. He (and his family) seems happy and wise and kind as ever, though. I'll see if I can get him over here to say hi 'cause it feels a little gossipy to answer questions about his religious position.

Thank you. I am sorry if what I wrote was off-putting or gossipy. It was the state of his life the last I heard, but I didn't want to answer any more questions, myself.

Oh, no, I didn't mean to say that you were doing anything wrong! He posted a giant scarlet letter on his entirely public blog so I am pretty sure that info is in the public domain. :001_smile:

Ack, now I sound like he's doing something sneaky and awful. :facepalm: I'm just going to very quietly slip out of the room now...

Well, it was his blog post that told me the info, so that was all I knew. And you are right, it was public. I was so mad at my computer when it lost so many sites for me. His blog was called something like "Life Reloaded" but I can't find it...and I do not trust my sieve-for-brain.

Yup. It was A Life, Reloaded, and it's not public anymore.

Are you sure? I did a search under members and came up with nothing.

I would like to be wrong about this.

Bill

Yes, I think it is. I searched for him a couple months back, and came back with nothing. I was looking for some of his old posts at the time. He was always full of great advise.

Danielle

Edited by USDGAL

Strange. Plaid Dad doesn't come up under a search for me, nor is it under the membership list.

I'm hopeful that he is still around. But I'm scratching my head at why I don't see his name on the members list.

Bill

Would that have happened if he blocked you?

But I can't think of why he'd have blocked you.

Are you sure? Can you see it if you follow the direct links in this thread?

Strange. Plaid Dad doesn't come up under a search for me, nor is it under the membership list.

I'm hopeful that he is still around. But I'm scratching my head at why I don't see his name on the members list.

Bill

Well this time I checked the membership list and he is not there. But, he does come up using the search link.

Would that have happened if he blocked you?

But I can't think of why he'd have blocked you.

Are you sure? Can you see it if you follow the direct links in this thread?

I see his profile if I follow the link elegantlion included in her thread. Is there a privacy setting that only allows "friends" to search for you?

Bill

I see his profile if I follow the link elegantlion included in her thread. Is there a privacy setting that only allows "friends" to search for you?

Bill

I'm in the same boat you are, Bill. I can't find him when I search the members list, but ElegantLion's link works for me, too. :confused::confused::confused:

When you're in the General Board and go to Search this Forum, and then click Advanced Search, you can search for him by user name.

Right. But I can also search for a certain former member of this board who was banned permanently and his posts show up in the database. But in the members list? No.

Bill

I also hope he'll check in (and that's he's happy and well). His books are absolutely fabulous and his LCC yahoo board was so helpful to me when I first started homeschooling! I don't think I would have attempted Latin & Greek without the encouragement of his books...

:)

My ears were burning.... No, seriously, Rose and Elizabeth paged me. :)

All is well chez Campbell. Our dd (10) is in public school and doing splendidly. We had reached a point where homeschooling was not working for either of us, and it was more important to me to be a good father to her than a good teacher. She's still writing up a storm, making art, and generally being her crazy-intense-beautiful self.

After I finished "I Speak Latin" I vowed to take a break from writing for a while. That lasted until November when NaNoWriMo took over my life. I finished, but the draft is still...a draft. I have no idea if I'll go back to it or not, but I enjoyed proving to my inner critic that I could too write a novel.

We had two deaths my wife's family in quick succession earlier this year - neither entirely unexpected, but hard just the same. I feel like we're only just now coming out of our collective shell again.

Other than that, I've been doing my usual round of learning languages (Spanish, mostly) and reading obscure books. :D

Thank you for all the kind thoughts, and thanks to Rose for nudging me to drop by and say hello.

-Drew

All is well chez Campbell. Our dd (10) is in public school and doing splendidly. We had reached a point where homeschooling was not working for either of us, and it was more important to me to be a good father to her than a good teacher. She's still writing up a storm, making art, and generally being her crazy-intense-beautiful self.

After I finished "I Speak Latin" I vowed to take a break from writing for a while. That lasted until November when NaNoWriMo took over my life. I finished, but the draft is still...a draft. I have no idea if I'll go back to it or not, but I enjoyed proving to my inner critic that I could too write a novel.

We had two deaths my wife's family in quick succession earlier this year - neither entirely unexpected, but hard just the same. I feel like we're only just now coming out of our collective shell again.

Other than that, I've been doing my usual round of learning languages (Spanish, mostly) and reading obscure books. :D

Thank you for all the kind thoughts, and thanks to Rose for nudging me to drop by and say hello.

-Drew

Good to know you're still out there! My sympathies regarding your losses. We miss your input on this board, but I know life gets in the way!

-Drew

Good to hear from you!

-Drew

So glad you were able to pop in. We love everything you've written, so I hope your writing sabbatical isn't too long. And best of luck on the novel.

Laura

-Drew

Thanks for checking in. I've loved your books.

Are you, Anissa? I'd love to hear about it!

Our co-op is structured around the LCC philosophy. Drew is sorely missed.

I tried to get you guys to move here so you could start it with me, but your dh just would not cooperate and get a job here! :001_smile:

Believe it or not, I have a note on my to do list to email you with some questions. I just reread LCC and I think we want to go that way but with some longer reading lists.