Menu

Tim Tebow is going to the Jets.

:( Breaking news just reported from ESPN. I love, love, LOVE both Peyton Manning and Tim Tebow and I was ecstatic when I thought they might both be on the same team. Then when I heard that the Broncos were going to trade him, and that Tebow wanted to move back to Florida, I hoped it would work out for him to to to Jacksonville. But I guess now I'll have to be a Jets fan. :O

Edited by ereks mom

It's the best thing for Tim, now that Peyton is with the Broncos.

Peyton and Tim do not run the same kind of offense. It's not a matter of just switching them back and forth. It would be a difficult transition to take Peyton out and put Tim in any game. Chances are Tim would not be playing much at the Broncos unless Peyton was hurt.

Back to Jacksonville? Come'on, the Jags are mediocre at best, always have been, and not much going to change any time soon. It's would be a disaster for Tim's career. Sure, everyone would love Timmy to come home, and suddenly EVERYONE wants tickets to see him play. Great, use him to sell the seats. But what happens when the Jags continue to stink it up? It get's blamed on Tim. There are already so many Tim-haters out there, why give them more to feed off of. The fact is, one man can only do so much with a mediocre team, and even worse management. Jag Fans might have wanted him, but a true Tim Tebow fan would have wanted better for him. It's pure selfishness to wish that career disaster on him.

Better to the Jets, where he can prove his worth as a amazing football player, even if that means fighting against the "reputation" that all of the media spotlight gives him (ie lots of people say they don't like him because they are sick of hearing about him, not his fault on that though.), where he can prove that he has what it takes to be a real football player (if anyone doubts that after his last season), not just a media hype.

The fact that Tebow had the chance to give his opinion, on whether to go the Jets or Jags, and he choose the Jets. He didn't come running home, where he'll get the adoring love of the city, but instead choose a path where he is going to have to beat down some doors, warm over some teammates, and basically work his butt off. Wow, just more proof that he is an amazing man!

It's the best thing for Tim, now that Peyton is with the Broncos.

Peyton and Tim do not run the same kind of offense. It's not a matter of just switching them back and forth. It would be a difficult transition to take Peyton out and put Tim in any game. Chances are Tim would not be playing much at the Broncos unless Peyton was hurt.

Back to Jacksonville? Come'on, the Jags are mediocre at best, always have been, and not much going to change any time soon. It's would be a disaster for Tim's career. Sure, everyone would love Timmy to come home, and suddenly EVERYONE wants tickets to see him play. Great, use him to sell the seats. But what happens when the Jags continue to stink it up? It get's blamed on Tim. There are already so many Tim-haters out there, why give them more to feed off of. The fact is, one man can only do so much with a mediocre team, and even worse management. Jag Fans might have wanted him, but a true Tim Tebow fan would have wanted better for him. It's pure selfishness to wish that career disaster on him.

Better to the Jets, where he can prove his worth as a amazing football player, even if that means fighting against the "reputation" that all of the media spotlight gives him (ie lots of people say they don't like him because they are sick of hearing about him, not his fault on that though.), where he can prove that he has what it takes to be a real football player (if anyone doubts that after his last season), not just a media hype.

The fact that Tebow had the chance to give his opinion, on whether to go the Jets or Jags, and he choose the Jets. He didn't come running home, where he'll get the adoring love of the city, but instead choose a path where he is going to have to beat down some doors, warm over some teammates, and basically work his butt off. Wow, just more proof that he is an amazing man!

In his last season, as I noted in the "other" thread on this topic today, Tim Tebow had the lowest pass completion percentage in the NFL. Dead last. 32nd out of 32. This kind of performance is just not up to standards.

Bill

In his last season, as I noted in the "other" thread on this topic today, Tim Tebow had the lowest pass completion percentage in the NFL. Dead last. 32nd out of 32. This kind of performance is just not up to standards.

Bill

C'mon, Bill, you know that was the fault of his receivers! :lol:

Sorry to see him go. He was fun to watch this year. In his own words, he even said that hey, it's Peyton Manning. I wish he could have had the opportunity to stay and learn from him.

I feel bad for the media circus he is going to be involved in now. At least now Sanchez can have some motivation to learn how to throw accurately. :D