Menu

KSVA: If you are around...

Will you please be kind enough to elaborate a bit....again about homeschooling your adult children?? You can PM me if you feel more comfortable...but I am always inspired by your insight...and I think others can benefit from your answer.

It seems I will be continuing to homeschool my ds 17. He is coming out of a long illness, and prefers I homeschool him while he is learning his trade. Dh agrees...but now I am faced with a whole bunch of questions....

We are working right now on honing essays and reviewing arithmetic skills....as these were lost/ glitched during his Lyme battle. Funny thing is he can do upper level maths, but has lost his facts...:confused:

They are coming back quickly.....

He is not really interested in going to a brick and mortar college....but is interested in learning and continuing his education....maybe CLEPing or APing etc.

He is in no way behind in his studies, but wanting to advance.

PLEASE, can you tell me how you managed to strike a balance between studies and work/ and allowing our kids to mature without forcing them head first out of the nest?? I have no desire that this child move on just yet. His health is finally improving, yet it is not optimal....

Anything you can suggest or just some encouragement :D would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Faithe