Menu

Hi, I am looking for open courseware videos for college math courses that don't require calc. Number Theory would be good. Logic probably too easy Abstract Algebra too hard (unless it was an easier version of this course). Does anyone have any ideas or recommendations?

My son recommends MIT OCW's Math for Computer Science. Lots of discrete math that should be accessible at your son's level.:)

ETA: another idea is linear algebra. You could use Gilbert Strang's MIT OCW course, epgy, or CTY. The last several chapters of the AoPS precalculus book also have a nice intro to linear algebra.

Edited by Kathy in Richmond

My son recommends MIT OCW's Math for Computer Science. Lots of discrete math that should be accessible at your son's level.:)

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. You are the best. I got to be the "cool mom", giving my son awesome fun things to do on a sick day when it is raining outside. Big winner. Yay.

I also found the class materials for anyone else who might be interested which has audio to go with some of the slides.

http://courses.csail.mit.edu/6.042/spring12/class-material.shtml