Menu

a Christmas Tree surprise

we bought our real Christmas tree from a local store last Dec. When we removed if from our home, we decided not to get rid of it, but rather, keep it so we could cut it up for camp fire wood this spring. Like most places these days, the weather has been really nice and boys were looking for something to do, so we were going to have them cut up the old Christmas tree into usable sizes of firewood. We were surprised to see that the truck and the branches appeared to be painted or dyed green. So I called the store to check into that, and sure enough that is common practice. I was shocked...am I the only person to have not known that? So now of course, we will not be burning this wood...what craziness.

I only know that it's common practice because a similar thing happened to friends of mine a few years ago. We've never had a real tree, but they always get one. After Christmas, he dragged the tree to the woods. That summer, he was in the woods and noticed that the tree looked just like it had at Christmas. All green and healthy looking. He looked closer and the tree was clearly dead, but painted green! He asked around and found out spray painting Christmas trees is a common practice.