Menu

For those with Usborne Science Encyclopedia

I was looking at this book/encyclopedia on Amazon: Energy, Forces, and Motion and one of the reviews says:

This is actually a fantastic book in a fantastic series of books. However, your money is better spent purchasing the Usborne Science Encyclopedia, which includes this entire book as well as the rest of the books in this series basically bound together in one volume.

Does anyone know, is the volume referred to in this review this Usborne Science Encyclopedia? I can't find any that are new on Amazon and I also can't see any table of contents. Also, is this the one that SWB suggests to use? (I don't have the latest edition of WTM, only the 2nd ed.)

I have the 2002 edition of the Science Encyclopedia and there are 19 topics under the caption Energy, Forces and Motion in the TOC.

The 3rd edition WTM recommends the 2003 printing of the science encyclopedia. Probably the 2009 edition was not available at time of printing.

I would think that the text is basically the same, but newer editions are necessary to keep up with the internet links. So yes, the book you linked to is the one recommended.

Hi there! I'm an Usborne consultant and always have an eShow open if you'd like to help out a fellow HSer! :tongue_smilie:

http://www.myubam.com/ecommerce/main.asp?sid=R3177&gid=133338220&HID=HOS214672

Also, i'm not 100%, but I think I read in an email that Usborne will no longer be allowed to sell on Amazon? I didn't read it fully, so again, not 100%