Menu

An icky question about an icky subject: grubs

*shudder*

What do you do with them when you come across them in the yard? This one is big and fat and nasty, and I can't bring myself to squish it. How can I kill it?

And why are they so dang nasty anyway? I mean, essentially, they're just caterpillars, right? Why are they shudder-inducing while, say, tomato hornworms are cool (unless you find them on your tomatoes, of course)?

Ick. I feel all buggy now. TIA.

I cut them w/ the end of the shovel! The other thing you can do, is put out shallow containers of beer in your garden (make sure the rim is at soil level, so they can crawl in). The nasty white grubs are usually June bugs, not nice caterpillars that will turn into butterflies or moths. Ick! I hate June Bugs!

Oh, I was not prepared for that. My scalp is tingling like crazy now!!!! I only have the one, so I don't think he would make a satisfying kabob!

I haven't dealt with him yet--he's currently hanging around in our ash pit. If he's not dead when I get back down there, I think I will indeed let him go help out at the landfill.