Menu

Human Odyssey vol 2 and History Odyssey...is there a schedule to use both?

lovetobehome

I'm pretty sure there is one for Ancients out there, but I'm not sure if anyone has put one together for other volumes.

It isn't all that hard to manipulate History Odyssey to suit. I'm working on HO Early Modern at the moment. I may use parts of Human Odyssey 2, but my main spine is a Catholic history textbook, Light to the Nations. I like the writing assignments and the flow of History Odyssey, and though I don't want to do it exactly as written it has really helped me to use it as a spine to pull from for maps, writing, etc.

Or, if that is too much to ask for, what other texts have folks lined up with HO Early Modern Level 2? I think TSOM looks , uh, boring.

ETA, I don't even have Human Odyssey yet, but reviews here look good. Feel free to suggest other ideas for my 12yo and 9yo. I also don't have HO yet, but it is 25% off the e-version this month.

Edited by lovetobehome

Or, if that is too much to ask for, what other texts have folks lined up with HO Early Modern Level 2? I think TSOM looks , uh, boring.

ETA, I don't even have Human Odyssey yet, but reviews here look good. Feel free to suggest other ideas for my 12yo and 9yo. I also don't have HO yet, but it is 25% off the e-version this month.

When I finish my version, I can send it to you, although it will, of course, be Catholicized instead of Orthodoxed. :lol: You would definitely need to own History Odyssey for it to be useful/make sense, but I'm certainly willing to share to give you an idea of what I've done -- and what one can do with History Odyssey. Send me a pm if you want it.

Although I'm not finished yet, since I am currently in crazy, must finish before Monday, fourth quarter lesson plan writing mode. After that is done, I'll get back to next year's history plans.

Thanks, I am interested! I have actually never even looked at a Catholic history book. Hmm. That could be interesting!

I'm going to go ahead and buy the HO ebook. I looked at the TOC and it lined up really well with TWTM suggestions. Plus, I realize I have most of the books WTM recommends for lit and history, and also for the HO guide. I found a schedule that lines up HO with SOTW vol 3, and THAT would work really well for my 9yo to use.

I actually think those task cards are pretty nifty, too! I think I could use those for my DD to do with SOTW 3 and maybe using the Kingfisher or something.

My fear is, I will waay overdo this and history will take over....when I was trying to simplify!

Thanks, I am interested! I have actually never even looked at a Catholic history book. Hmm. That could be interesting!

I'm going to go ahead and buy the HO ebook. I looked at the TOC and it lined up really well with TWTM suggestions. Plus, I realize I have most of the books WTM recommends for lit and history, and also for the HO guide. I found a schedule that lines up HO with SOTW vol 3, and THAT would work really well for my 9yo to use.

I actually think those task cards are pretty nifty, too! I think I could use those for my DD to do with SOTW 3 and maybe using the Kingfisher or something.

My fear is, I will waay overdo this and history will take over....when I was trying to simplify!

Do you mean that lines up History Odyssey with SOTW? History Odyssey level 1 Early Modern uses SOTW 3.

Yeah, I knew that HO Level 1 uses SOTW 3, but that is too simple for my 12 yo. And I had the thought of doing HO level 1 with DD and Level 2 with DS, but the topics are all off, and I was hoping to keep us on the same topic each day, as I have really felt burnt out on doing two completely diff guides with HOD. HO level 1 and Level 2 just don't match up at all. So, I thought it would be easier to do HO Level 2, but just have my DD use the SOTW 3 audios . Does that make sense?

ETA: Does it make more sense to use HO Level 1 and beef it up? Hmmm....any of you who have used it, feel free to give opinions!

ETA again: Nevermind, level 1 looks way too simplified for DS 12

Edited by lovetobehome