Menu

What are your favorite You Tube videos?

Alan Villiers' The Cape Horn Road

This video was filmed in 1935, I believe and documents what life was like on the tall ship Joseph Conrad now at the Seaport Museum in Mystic, Connecticut.

You will note the cat that makes a brief appearance at the beginning of that video. As it turns out Villiers wrote a wonderful children's book about the adventures of that cat called, "Joey Goes To Sea" which is still in print! We just finished reading it and it's full of the Curious George misadventures. At some point in the video (or perhaps in the the second video) he tells you about the cat overboard and the seagull that attacked it and how they rescued it.

For older children he wrote "Stormalong" which are of the adventures of one of the 14 year olds on the Joseph Conrad. Unfortunately, it is no longer in print but I managed to get my hands on an older copy through a used book site.

I won't try to link all of them here, because I'm definitely computer illiterate, but I'll list the titles for you:

Eddie Izzard Pavlov's Cats

How Not to Use PowerPoint by Comedian Don McMillan

The Impotence of Proofreading by Taylor Mali

Victor Borge Inflationary Language

Hugh Laurie The Sophisticated Song

Like_youknow Taylor Mali

Rachmaninov Had Big Hands

A Vision of Students Today

The Friends Theme and Sugar Ray

Dad at Comedy Barn

Riverdancing Violinist

That should get you started!:D