Menu

Tornado update

Thank you for the prayers last week concerning this! Our town suffered quite a bit of damage, but it could have been so much worse. The actual path of the tornado was devastating. Several dozen people lost their homes, the hardware store that my husband likes is GONE, my dd's gym will have to close for a few months to repair, and lots more minor damage occurred as well. We made it to Disney and home again, but I injured my knee getting off the plane. Ugh. I think I'll ask about knee advice in a new thread:). Thanks again for the prayers!

Thank you for the prayers last week concerning this! Our town suffered quite a bit of damage, but it could have been so much worse. The actual path of the tornado was devastating. Several dozen people lost their homes, the hardware store that my husband likes is GONE, my dd's gym will have to close for a few months to repair, and lots more minor damage occurred as well. We made it to Disney and home again, but I injured my knee getting off the plane. Ugh. I think I'll ask about knee advice in a new thread:). Thanks again for the prayers!

Sorry about your knee, though I have little advice to offer in that regard. I am glad you are okay and I hope the recovery for those individuals who lost their homes and businesses is as quick and painless as possible, though I know it won't really be able to be either one.

I spend the first six years of my life in Kansas, and one of my most abiding memories is that of my mother scooping me out of the tub, throwing a towel around me, and rushing me off to the basement after hearing of a threat of tornados in the area. Then my dad would stand upstairs and watch out the window. I never did quite understand that one! :001_smile:

Glad you're safe! Sounds like it left quite a bit of destruction.

I'm glad you made it to Disney. That's got to by one of my favorite places in the world!!! At least you could take your minds off the devastsation back at home for a while. We're headed there in Sept (after having been in January!) and I can't wait!!!

Debbie, we're in Manhattan, too. The tornado's path missed us by about a mile, but it hit a large neighborhood and did a lot of damage. DD is a bit upset about her gymnastics place being hit. Summer classes just started, and now they're closed for a few months. It also hit a car dealership, and completely wiped out the hardware store where I just bought our spring plants. So weird. The university has some damage, as does the zoo. One of the little towns near us is 90% gone. Awful. I'm glad your parents are okay!

Doran, we headed for the basement! It is hard to not want to look out the windows!

Jennifer, I hope your baby sleeps well at Disney! Our 8 month old did fine, but our 22 month old DID NOT SLEEP. Ugh. We're heading back in November. She can only get better.?...

Wow! What a small world! My parents live out at Tuttle Creek so they only got the lightening. I did hear about the car dealership and that development...we actually lived up in that area years ago when I was in college. So strange. Really glad you are ok!

Hi, Debbie, it's a small world, indeed! We've gotten so much rain here this year. The easement that runs next to our house looked like a small, rushing river a couple of weeks ago. We've had strange weather lately:) I'm glad your parents' area is okay.