Menu

Using CC Challenge B for freshman year...need advice.

We just registered dd13 for Challenge B in a Classical Conversations community this week for next year. She loves history, and Challenge B is a little lacking in that area, so I was wondering what you supplemented with for history, and did you supplement with anything else like vocabulary, etc. I am not sure what era to have her study. I doubt she will stay in CC past Challenge II, then will go on to dual enrollment. She loves history, so not doing it is out of the question, but I also need it to be affordable as her participation in the program is sucking down all my funds. Before we decided to join CC, our likely option for history was MFW AHL. Any advice would be appreciated.

• 1 year later...

I can't answer you question because my oldest is heading into Challenge B next year too. I just ordered all his books for next year and am looking forward to going through them myself this summer. Hopefully that will give me a better idea of where/if I need to supplement. Your Challenge B tutor (providing she has tutored Challenge B before) would also be a great resource for this. (I have heard that there are some recommendations out there for those who need to beef up Challenge B for high school credit.)