Menu

I hate bullies!

I agree with the ones saying to move. My biggest worry would be that the bullying would get worse the more you complained. Especially as the dad didn't have any problems with the boys saying they were going to break your sons leg. And as far as owing your parents? What could you possibly owe people who have encouraged you to stay with someone who was abusing you, and then want you to stay in a situation where your children are actually being hurt? Leave and don't look back.

Honestly, I would walk away. From the house, and from parents like that. I'd not ever look back. They do not sound like the kind of people I'd care to keep around in my life, and especially my childrens' lives anyway.

Unless you did sign some type of contract, your parents are stuck with the mortgage. Hmmph. Sucks to be them.

Seriiously the worst part is the kids were safer in out drug and gang infested neighborhood inthe city than they have been in the tiny rural town.

I'm so sorry - what an awful situation to be in.

I also wanted to say that I completely understand what you're saying about tiny rural towns not being any safer than inner cities. We're experiencing that too. I think in a super small place, people are afraid to call people out for what they're doing wrong, so stuff gets ignored/tolerated and becomes normal. Then you end up with a town full of people without any outside accountability, with no one being objective, telling themselves the same stories.