Menu

Confessions....

lexi

Has anyone used resources from Confessions of a Homeschooler blog? The geography studies look fun and so does the artist study. Then I saw the PreK plans and it looks colorful and interesting too.

But it would be a ton of printing. Is it worth it? I was thinking about something fun for summer maybe.

Anyone with experience??

I liked the PreK. Yup, a lt of printing, but my DD loved it.

I just downloaded Expedition Earth and I still think it is a great deal! Yes, printing required, but not as much nor as much colored ink as the PreK program.

Feel free to ask me any questions you might have.

We've been using the Road Trip curriculum and my DD has really enjoyed it. I spent quite a bit of time looking at it before printing and found a lot that I didn't necessarily need to print. I put everything in page protectors and put it in a binder so I figure it will last for many years. I definitely think it was worth it. I also printed out her artists study and living math curriculums. Those were much shorter and just as easy and enjoyable. I've printed off a few of the PreK resouces, but not nearly as much. Quite a few of them were repetitive, so I felt like it would be a waste of paper. Alot of them also rely on color, so you cant print them in grayscale to save ink. Those types of activities were much easier to replicate with manipulatives I had on hand, compared to the georgraphy curriculum which would have taken me quite a bit of time to prepare.

No. But I do LOVE stuff like that... and I make TONS for my kids (very easy to make).

Ok, so how is this done.....what program? Where do you get the clip art things?

I do NOT digital scrapbook and just assumed I would never be able to figure this stuff out. I would LOVE to make our own printables but I don't know an easy way to do so. :tongue_smilie:

Someone please give a tutorial!!!

We are doing the Greatest Artist study and the Greatest Musician study and loving it. Yes, it is a lot of printing, but we are really loving it.

Isn't one of the programs free as well? I think the other is under $5. Can't beat that even if you have to print some, imo. I am going to be using Expedition Earth next year since Road Trip has been so well liked by my kids.

Are there any other resources like what she has on her blog? Any other websites that have fun, different things like this? I'm looking to change it up for summer around here!

I think I'm going to have to try one......I'm excited!

We love Expedition Earth! Yes, it's a lot of printing, but it is a full year (ok two for us), so I think it's worth it. Not all of it HAS to be printed either.

Oh that is good to hear. We are also collecting the state quarters while we are working through Road Trip USA and that has been a lot of fun too!

UI use COAH preschool printables and we love them. While my kids were away for a weekend, I did all my printing. I used 3 print cartridges of both black & color. It took a long time. I also laminated most everything b/c my 2 yr old will be doing it later. I also use printables of other sites. We do 3-4 week theme units. Here is my blog post for this years plans w/ links to sites that have preschool ideas. Sorry I don't have any in action posts. It simply became too difficult w/ 2 boys to be actively taking pics. Hope to get back to blogging next year. My ds(3.5) has grown a lot and enjoys most of what we do.

Btw I love your blog, Lexi. Almost everything you do w/ your dd, I was planning on in the future.

Edited by FromA2Z

UI use COAH preschool printables and we love them. While my kids were away for a weekend, I did all my printing. I used 3 print cartridges of both black & color. It took a long time. I also laminated most everything b/c my 2 yr old will be doing it later. I also use printables of other sites. We do 3-4 week theme units. Here is my blog post for this years plans w/ links to sites that have preschool ideas. Sorry I don't have any in action posts. It simply became too difficult w/ 2 boys to be actively taking pics. Hope to get back to blogging next year. My ds(3.5) has grown a lot and enjoys most of what we do.

Btw I love your blog, Lexi. Almost everything you do w/ your dd, I was planning on in the future.

Thanks! We are loving our year and having so much fun! I'm so excited for next year! I'm already planning away : )

I checked out your plan and it looks awesome! I think I'll be using some of those ideas!

I think I'm going to have to try some of the COAH stuff, even if we just do it over the summers.

The printing, cutting, laminating thing scares me a little. There is just never enough time! Planning for my oldest dd takes up a lot of time-she's my ambitious one and wants to do school so I have to make sure she's occupied. My son..........ummm.....not so much :tongue_smilie: He's more on the lazy side. My middle dd is pretty motivated too and so she's going to keep me on my toes. I really need to plan something for her!

• 4 months later...

This is absolutely amazing, a lot of work, I love it!

We LOVE confessions around here!!! I just go through the pre-k letter by letter and choose which activities we will do that week which cuts down on a lot of printing. I also laminate everything so we can use it forever. Something else to check out on her site is the language arts packs. We have made a Stuart Little folder and are working on the Willy Wonka one. They are SO fun.

we used road trip usa and artist study this year. I printed very little. for road trip, I only printed the coloring pages. For the artist study I only print the mini books, puzzles, flash cards, etc. For the lessons themselves, I just read them from the computer. we'll be doing the composer study next year and hopefully expedition earth at some point.