Menu

Will apps work on the new ipad3 right away, or do the apps need to...

I don't know. I wrote the people at Stack the States, and they said they've submitted a new version to be compatible and hope it will be approved for tomorrow. Another version will come later that takes advantage of the retina display thing. So I don't know how to know or even whehter things automatically update (for free). He said the update on Stack the States to go to retina would be free. I really don't know what that means for other apps. Like if I go ahead and get some, will they magically update and work fine? I have no clue. Maybe you're saying just do it and it will all work out? LOL

Hm, I'm not an expert, but I do know that updates are free. I have tons of apps on my iPad (mostly all free) so I check the app store every day and download any updates. They all just pop up in the update tab.

I have seen lots of apps updating for the new retinal display.

My suggestion would be to try with the free versions of most apps and see if they work well.

Sorry i am not more help. Hopefully someone more knowledgable will chime in.

That's what I needed to know!! It makes sense now that you say it that way. Guess I'm used to the upgrade and charge you for it thing. It hadn't even occurred to me that the upgrades would be free. I thought I had to wait and get the right ones or something.

Well that takes care of that! Let the fun begin! :)