Menu

Totally frivolous poll. If you were a Disney princess...

Don't homeschoolers boycott Disney any more? (Just kidding!) Nah, it's really the whole princess image I object to. I can identify more with Cinderella the working girl than Cinderella the princess. I also object to the happily ever after presented in so many of these fairy tales. Blech. If I have to pick something, I'd go with something more like Drew Barrymore's character from Ever After or, better yet, Kiera Knightley's Guinevere.

Happily ever after? I like the version I'm living right now, thankyouverymuch. There are no big, gala balls with grovelling stepsisters in attendance, no floating down a grand staircase in a fancy ballgown and glass slippers (I'd trip), no bothersome balcony appearances to do the princess wave to all the adoring peasants below.

A princess thread is probably not the appropriate thread for this, but I have to link it anyway. Because when I think of princesses, I think of dancing and balls. And when I think of balls, I think "Some balls are held for charity and some for fancy dress..."

Sing it with me! "Oh we've got...":p

Snow White-I am an introvert, it would never work.

Cinderella-nope, not good at housework

Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)-Sleeping I could do, living in the woods not so much. I am a city girl. Though it is a close second because I like my sleep time.

Ariel-I don't swim well.

Belle- Yep! Reading works for me.

Jasmine- I could never pull off the outfit, nor do I do really well with pets as I am too persnickety myself, like a cat.

Mulan-Now this one has possibilities but requires me to get in shape...I have been working on that one for 15 years with limited results. It would just take too long.

the wicked stepmother! Nope, could never be that mean.

:p

Heather

• 4 months later...

ALthough I'm with Prairie Air about the Disney Princess thing, if the movies were JUST movies/stories then I'd be more willing to share them with my dd but since it has become an industry of its own- not so much.

I picked Aurora because she gets to sleep and wake up to a Prince, there's not much more she has to do other than play with animals in the woods. I like that. Life is complicated, dreamland shouldn't be.

My personal favorite growing up was Snow White, although now I don't think I could handle the 7 dwarfs with as much patience and love as she did.

If I were a Disney Princess , I'd probably apologize.

:lol::lol::lol: I love all things Disney but that is really funny!

I chose Mulan - not because I am at all strong and tomboy-ish, but because I like that her relationship with Shang is real and because Shang is awesome!