Menu

Are you a dog person or a cat person?

Are you a dog person or a cat person?  

1. 1. Are you a dog person or a cat person?

• Primarily a dog person. Woof!
    • Primarily a cat person. Meow!
    • Just can't decide -- both!
    • Neither
    • Other (not sure we need this option, but here it is)

I love cats, but I can't live without a dog. We haven't had a cat for over a year now, and it will be a long time before we get another, if ever. But I couldn't live more than a few weeks without a dog. Once when I wasn't quite ready to get another of my own, I borrowed one of my mom's dogs for a month.

I like both. Right now, we only have cats, but I am looking forward to DH retiring so we can settle in somewhere on an acreage and have a dog or two.

I am a BIG dog person, though. Not small, yappy things - and even if they're not yappy, I don't really care for them. The dog must be at least up to my knee in height to "qualify" as a dog, IMO. :D

:iagree:

Trouble is they can totally take over the sofa. :tongue_smilie:

Neither. However, we got a black and tan cocker spaniel for dh as a companion and the looney thing adopted me. Though I have NEVER been a dog fan, Lewis has captured my heart. He's my buddy.

Here's the weird thing, I think it's only a one time bond. I really do not think that I will ever want another dog when he is gone.

I have mild cat allergies. The kids have a calico, very beautiful, docile cat and I put up with her since allegra controls the symptoms and I don't have to take that often so long as I don't hold her and we do not allow her in our bedroom. But, when she is gone.....no, no, no, no, no there will never be another cat.

I prefer my little bantum show ducks. They live outside and are immensely entertaining!

Faith

I like both cats and dogs, although I prefer the more independent and self-reliant nature of cats.

Also, I am a little offended that there is no "horse person" option. In my mind, nothing trumps a good horse! ;)

Amen!

Horse kisses (nuzzling your cheek) is the absolute, all time, best animal affection ever!

Sniff, sniff...Missing my beautiful American Paint Mare right now.

Faith

I've always kind of thought of cats as decoration--they're nice to look at but they don't do much. To me dogs are so much more interesting and personable (and fun). So I'm a dog person. But my DDs and DH are cat people, so we have both, and I like them all. I guess I like animals in general.

I voted neither. My husband and at least one dd are allergic to cats and I am very grateful to my sister who loves cats but doesn't have any for their benefit. I have no desire to clean up after any animal even though dogs are nice enough I sometimes like them.

I would say I am not a big pet person, but definitely dogs. We have a dog, but I do not think I would want another when our Odie eventually passes away. I am surprised to see votes are pretty equal. I would have thought dogs would have won out for sure.

I used to be a dog person when I was a kid, then we moved and didn't have dogs for years. Now I'm a cat person and actually kind of scared of dogs, especially big ones.

Funny story - we used to have a little yorkie mix. She was like, 7-8 lbs. She was quite a guard dog/watch dog/alert dog, barking every time she heard anything, etc. Kind of suspicious in nature. She was nice in general, once she thought people were ok (after we showed her they were ok, and she stopped barking :lol: ) she would run up to them and roll over to get her belly rubbed. I gave her away because we had issues with where we lived and the dog, etc... DH was devastated :lol: - he still says he wants another yorkie.

Now we have a labradoodle. 80 lbs. Never barks at ANYTHING. Occasionally, after someone knocks on the door, she'll give a warning bark, then she'll walk up to them, sit down by them and wait for them to pat her head. :lol:

I just think it's funny, our little dog...people were afraid of her. Like, the guy from the satellite tv company RAN back to his van and jumped up on it to get away from her (she would also bolt from the house barking at people when I opened the door for them). This one? She's such a big baby lol... I know that's not the case with all dogs, but a lot of them I've seen, the big ones are a lot nicer! :D

Dog person, but I married a cat person, and I like them now also. We adopted the sweetest Maine Coon mix recently. Love her!

Just can't be without my GSDs. The dog in my avatar (now passed) was a condition of marriage. :D I call him our honeymoon puppy.

I used to be a dog person when I was a kid, then we moved and didn't have dogs for years. Now I'm a cat person and actually kind of scared of dogs, especially big ones.

I am the exact opposite. Growing up, I loved cats, and disliked and feared dogs. I would go out of my way to walk another route if there was a dog barking through a fence on the preferred route.

Then I met my dh, who owned the SWEETEST dog. :001_wub: I fell in love with both of them.

Now I don't get what I ever liked about cats...:confused:

I'm dying to know what this means. ;)

I had some unexpected paganism sneak up. It was caused by reading a book about, what was it the author called it? Post-permaculture or something? Anyway, she was promoting the idea of planting local to the area natives and how doing so creates safe havens for local wildlife. Apparently biodiversity is judged by bird populations and planting natives can reduce the foreign bird population by 60 something percent. That impressed me greatly because I grew up in an area where I observed native bird populations decline over the years thanks to the big bad bully mynahs. So, one of these years when I get my own place, I want to try and combine that idea with food plants for humans (they aren't the only ones to get hungry!) and it would ruin the oasis idea if I was to keep a predator in the same yard. The author lived on a quarter acre block, but since a couple of her neighbours did the same, they had between them over an acre of safe spot for the local flora and fauna. I think that's very real.

That's all :blushing:

Rosie

All of the BC's have agreed that cats are hideous creatures, merciless serial killers and layabouts, fit only for chasing.

....and that is putting it kindly.

Dog lover here.

Perhaps I should modify this....dogs do NOT include those drop kick overgrown rats that some half blind people claim are dogs. If it fits in my wife's purse it is NOT a dog