Menu

"Mike's Inspiration Station" art DVDs are suspiciously cheap. Anyone used this??

So I'm drooling over Atelier Art, having just discovered it from a post tonight. Thinking I might add art for 3rd grade in the fall.

I went to HS Buyer's Co-op b/c of all of the posts from last summer about the Atelier group buy and I found a current deal on Mike's Inspiration Station:

https://www.homeschoolbuyersco-op.org/index.php?option=com_hsbc_epp_order&Itemid=1391&c=1

I like that it's DVD since I can barely draw a stick person, so I need serious hand holding to do art with ds. But it's suspiciously cheap compared to Atelier.

Anyone have experience with this program? I don't want a "you get what you pay for" moment with this. Then again, could it be as good as Atelier and SO much cheaper?? :lol: Saving money is always good!

TIA,

Christina

I've watched some. I don't know how much they are since our library has all of them. For the segments I've watched, he draws a picture step-by-step and you follow along with your own paper. They have Christian references at times in the DVDs. My 10 year old and 8 year old enjoyed drawing with the DVD instruction. The pictures he draws are more cutesy than realistic.

My DD loves these. But they cost me a fortune in puff balls and googley eyes. There are two series, the one HSBC is offering is the first one. My children watched them several times each and my little crafter/artist treasures them. I'm not familiar enough with Atelier to compare. Mike's video set is more for the learn to cartoon, do shading, show motion type stuff. He also does various crafts in several of the videos.

Edited by MomatHWTK

Thanks for the responses, ladies. Super helpful!

My kiddo is definitely NOT crafty, but I think some sort of art once a week would be good for him. His fine motor is improving but still not great for age 8 and maybe this would be a fun way to get him holding a pencil/brush/crayon without protest...

Maybe I'll see if our library has these DVDs as a starting point. That was a great idea!

Christina