Menu

Baby sling question

are you stuck on a sling? I find two shoulder carriers work better for me once the kidlet gets bigger and heavier. I have a beco (has buckles), a kozy (ties), and a half-tie (buckles around the waist and ties on top -- ultimate in comfort) Let me know what you are thinking and i can give you more specific recomendations!:)

I have a Babyhawk, mei tai. Love it but for longer wearing, walks, etc. I like the pouch for quick comfort, or if baby is sleeping and I need to run into a store, etc. I have read larger women should try a ring sling....just never found one I like (too much material?) and seems a tad more complicated than a pouch sling.

isn't that funny, i could never get a pouch to work at all! I have a maya wrap sling that the shoulder was redone in the sweet baby productions style. love love love it!

I have a Babyhawk, mei tai. Love it but for longer wearing, walks, etc. I like the pouch for quick comfort, or if baby is sleeping and I need to run into a store, etc. I have read larger women should try a ring sling....just never found one I like (too much material?) and seems a tad more complicated than a pouch sling.

Guest Jobell

I have a slinglings pouch that I love, it is a little heavier material but its comfy, I also have seven pouch sling - its had some bad reviews but i really like mine. It comes in bigger sizes (i'm a 3x gal) and the size 9 is good. Its a thinner cotton so it doesn't get hot. I've used it for 9 months and its in great condition. I use it mostly for quick runs to the store or if I need hands free at home, going out to check the mail, or in church when baby is sleeping.

Edited by Jobell

Hotslings are my favorite. I have a Seven one too, and a homemade one from a curtain. THe Seven feels too thin to me, it cuts into my, erm, softer areas. The homemade one is just the right size and the weight is good, but it has no give to it at all, which I find a tad uncomfortable. The Hotsling has a bit of give to it and is just thick enough to not cut in. I wear a 1X top, and use a size 7 Hotsling. For DD, when I wore a size L top, I used a size 5 Hotsling.