Menu

Ordered owl pellets from rainbow resource... Backordered?

staceyobu

I didn't see that it said anywhere when I ordered them that they were on backorder. Then, I got an email that sounded like it was completely unknown when they might ship. Is this typical? Do you think it will ship in the next few weeks? I paid extra for shipping because i wanted to be sure I had them by next week. Seems like a waste of money if they won't ship for weeks anyways...

Owl puke! Not poop! Get it straight, people! ;)

Gee, got something stuck in your craw there? <snicker> Just spit it out! :D

I know which end they come from, and trust me a pellet is MUCH worse to have dumped on your car than the bird stuff from other end, but I don't know the technical term for difficult to regurgitate pellets. Anyone know? :lol:

TO be *slightly* less juvenile for a moment: OP can always call RR and ask them what the ETA is. If they don't know or it is going to take too long, you should be able to cancel the order and get it somewhere else. It's not nice when websites don't tell you something is backordered. :p

That's one thing I hate about RR, unless you call them there is no way to know if things are backordered. You can call them and cancel and they'll refund you. I ordered ours from homesciencetools.com I actually order all of our science stuff from them, they are a great company.

It is in Rainbow Resource's policy about back-orders and they do send you an email letting you know if an item will be on back-order and then one when your order ships. You can call them and cancel and they will give you a refund. Their customer service is very friendly and helpful so I'm sure it will be no problem to cancel if you can't wait.

I also agree with another poster that if you want a science item quick, get it from Home Science Tools: http://www.hometrainingtools.com/