Menu

Beast Academy ?

JenC3

I can't seem to find the thread or info about how many sections per year. Was it 6? I thought the last 3rd grade would be out at Christmas. So I'm wondering how qucikly you go through the program. Is this a FULL year or just academic one?

I wonder if any public or private schools will use it? Just curious.

Edited by JenC3

I can't seem to find the thread or info about how many sections per year. Was it 6? I thought the last 3rd grade would be out at Christmas. So I'm wobderig how qucikly you go through the program. Is this a FULL year or just academic one?

I wonder if any public or private schools will use it? Just curious.

4 section (ABCD) per year. Based on the difficulty of sample chapter I doubt many kids are going to "fly through it." The Practice books will add up to approximately 900 pages of challenging problems and the Guides will be over 400 pages per year.

It is going to be "meaty" methinks.

Bill

4 section (ABCD) per year. Based on the difficulty of sample chapter I doubt many kids are going to "fly through it." The Practice books will add up to approximately 900 pages of challenging problems and the Guides will be over 400 pages per year.

It is going to be "meaty" methinks.

Bill

Good. Okay so then 4th grade will be out in the fall? Just curious. we are in a hurry and have enough 4th grade material to supplement if needed.

Wait, Bill, i know you must have the whole schedule memorized!

I'm really thinking of switching to this from Singapore... we like Singapore, no doubt, but I get frustrated with the textbook/workbook shuffle. I know this also has a guidebook/textbook but the reviews in the textbook are what frustrates me with Singapore.

Hmm.

Does anyone know how the scope and sequence compare to Singapore?

Good. Okay so then 4th grade will be out in the fall? Just curious. we are in a hurry and have enough 4th grade material to supplement if needed.

Wait, Bill, i know you must have the whole schedule memorized!

There has been a little waffling on the delivery of 4th Grade. We need to put their feet-to-the-fire to make sure they stay on track! :D

Bill

Does anyone know how the scope and sequence compare to Singapore?

The sequence is definitely different. Where Primary Mathematics (Singapore) treats multiplication as a topic in 3A and then treats things like Area and Perimeter in 3B, BA will use "geometry" topics to build up spacial ideas about multiplication though understanding of grids, patterns, arrays, etc. prior to teaching it as a topic. It is a different tack.

Bill

The sequence is definitely different. Where Primary Mathematics (Singapore) treats multiplication as a topic in 3A and then treats things like Area and Perimeter in 3B, BA will use "geometry" topics to build up spacial ideas about multiplication though understanding of grids, patterns, arrays, etc. prior to teaching it as a topic. It is a different tack.

Bill

This is going to work so much better for my pattern based ds! Now I am excited about BA! :D

This is going to work so much better for my pattern based ds! Now I am excited about BA! :D

I have the books in hand. A child who learns best through patterns and visual means I suspect will find BA right up his alley. It looks like a "geometry first" approach.

Bill

I have the books in hand. A child who learns best through patterns and visual means I suspect will find BA right up his alley. It looks like a "geometry first" approach.

Bill

:party:

Too bad my books are on the slow train, I might have started tomorrow otherwise!