Menu

Ugh. And, oh, the drama!

For several days now, it's been nothing but the kids fighting with each other, especially in the morning.

AND it's been my Aspie daughter continually getting a 'tude when we ask her to do something. Now, granted,

I have learned to put concrete times on when I want her to do something. Such as instead of saying, "In 10 minutes,

I want you to do such and such" I say, "It is now 9:30. At 9:40, I want you to do such and such." Then, when the time

has arrived, I tell her, "It's 9:40" and she goes and does such-and-such with only one grumbled, "Okay" instead of

a full out "Why do I always have to do this?? Uh. Uh. UH!" It would help if my husband would learn how to talk to

her this way, as well!

However, BOTH of my kids, regardless of their quirks really need to learn some R-E-S-P-E-C-T, for their parents

and for each other. And their parents could use a vacation, with just each other!

Anyone else here in this quagmire with me?

DS10, whom I suspect is an aspie, fights with his younger brother and argues with us a lot. He'll argue himself into trouble when all was well before he started. So, I understand what you are talking about.

He's also developed quite a habit of sneaking extra screen time and lying about screen related things. He just got use of his tablet back (30 minutes a day), when we found him "just resting" in his bed watching Netflix on it without permission.

LOL. I have a 9 yr old just as you described. The clock is our friend. She carries hers out with her for school everyday. She has a typed timed schedule. She likes things down to the minute too! Life is so much better when we are on schedule. I dread the days when we oversleep and have to start the day late. It throws her like nothing else does.

She can argue and debate and complain like nobody's business. She also has the grunts and groans too. She has stopped the eye rolling for this adorable little annoyed look that she gives. I love it so much better than the eye roll thankfully. It is a very annoyed look with her head tilted, but something about it actually tickles me, thank goodness.

Oy. I do think mine has Aspie tendencies too, fwiw, though her ped disagreed. So no diagnosis. But she is my dramatic, argumentative one, for sure!

But today is a great day around here. Everyone is on schedule. She is reading a good book that she keeps telling us stuff about because she is enjoying it so much. Good good day here. Hope yours gets better!

Our drama these days revolves around the fact that my 5 yo ds doesn't have to do as much school work as my 5th grade dd. The moans and groans, tears and sobs are getting way out of control. Really? You think he should have to spend 4 hours a day doing school? Where is your logic? Oh - wait. She isn't doing logic right now. Maybe that's the problem. :glare:

Our drama these days revolves around the fact that my 5 yo ds doesn't have to do as much school work as my 5th grade dd. The moans and groans, tears and sobs are getting way out of control. Really? You think he should have to spend 4 hours a day doing school? Where is your logic? Oh - wait. She isn't doing logic right now. Maybe that's the problem. :glare:

:lol: That's it exactly! No logic in a 5th grader, I remember that well! Problem is the LOGIC doesn't arrive for many, many more years! :tongue_smilie: