Menu

finishing the year with Miquon??

momto3innc

My ds (6, Kindergarten) did Singapore earlybird last year for pre-K and Horizons K this year. Plan for next year, in first grade, is to do Singapore 1A and B as well as Horizons 1 (this is what we've done with my oldest and the combo has worked well). We'll it's mid-March and we'll school until June and he's going to be done with Horizons K in a week or so. Instead of getting a early start on first grade, I was thinking of doing Miquon for the rest of the year. Now, I haven't actually physically seen it before but I've heard a lot about it and think he and I would enjoy it. He really enjoys math, likes to be challenged, and can do the concepts in Horizons K easily. He also knows most of his multiplication tables from listening to his oldest brother as well (not that that really matters...he's just very "mathy")

If I were to do Miquon, what would I need? We already have C-rods. I'm thinking I would need orange? book, lab notes, and what else? How long do these books typically take to go through if we were doing them daily?

Would it be better just to do Singapore 1A instead? I know that one would be quite easy for him so I could just do the textbook/workbook plus any extra activities from the HIG and start at 1B for first.

Any thoughts on Miquon or my plan?

Thanks!