Menu

Is vitamin D really that useful?!

I was in SUCH a funk last week, and have been on and off for a while. Well, this week I doubled my Vitamin D supplement to 2000 whatevers instead of 1000, and I feel so much better! It's also been very sunny and warm.

Does Vitamin D really have that much influence on your mood, or is it just a coincidence or more weather related?

Does Vitamin D make YOU happy?

I have a friend whose daughter has a rare disorder and must take mega doses of vit d. - for her it is an enormous difference in how she feels, but exposure to consistent sunshine is more effective. different forms of vit d can vary in how they are absorbed.

I was in SUCH a funk last week, and have been on and off for a while. Well, this week I doubled my Vitamin D supplement to 2000 whatevers instead of 1000, and I feel so much better! It's also been very sunny and warm.

Does Vitamin D really have that much influence on your mood, or is it just a coincidence or more weather related?

Does Vitamin D make YOU happy?

I've never taken a Vit. D suppliment, but from all I've read about it, I wouldn't be surprised. I know I feel better after I've worked outside in the garden or yard. What kind of suppliment do you have?

I live in the gloomy Pacific Northwest and there is no way I could get enough VitD from the sun, plus we don't drink much milk, and so we all take it. We've been taking it for a couple of years. I take 2000iu daily all year long. The kids take liquid drops just in the winter...they spend most of the day outside in the summer. :) Since we starting taking it, we have rarely been sick at all...and I have more energy and just generally feel better. Unless we move to the southern US (little chance of that, lol!), I plan to take it the rest of my life.