Menu

Wanted to share a very yummy healthy meal . . .

Roasted Veggie Fajitas

1. Mist two cookie sheets with oil. Place 3 sliced red bell peppers, 2 sliced zucchini, 1 sliced yellow squash, and 1/2 sliced purple onion on the cookie sheets. Mist the top with oil and sprinkle with seasoning salt. Place in oven at 400 for about 45 minutes.

2. Meanwhile, mix the following in a blender: 1.5c Greek yogurt, juice of 1/2 lemon, a few green onions, a bunch of cilantro, 2 seeded jalapenos, a little adobo seasoning, a little garlic, and 1/2c buttermilk.

3. Saute one pound of mushrooms.

So here's the best part: I had a serving of tortilla chips, a veggie-stuffed large tortilla, and 1/4c of the Jalapeno Ranch dip (some I used to dip the chips in and some I put on the tortilla) and it came to just over 400 calories. And it was SO good.

Tell me what else y'all have been doing with roasted veg--

Well, tonight I tried cauliflower for the first time and it was gone before I could mix it in to the stir fry I was trying! The kids kept saying they tasted like french fries!

Usually, I have roasted veggies as a side dish. But, for me, they're more like the main dish. Parsnips, peppers, onions, leeks, asparagus, sweet potatoes, cauliflower - all YUMMY!!!! Throw them over rice with some beans and I'm good. My kids eat them as a side with the rice and some sort of meat.

I take a vegetable peeler and make super thin (but wide) strips of :

zucc

yams

carrots

add thin slices of red bells and onions

while roasting add a whole garlic with the top sliced off and wrapped in foil

make pizza dough

combine the garlic with cream cheese, use as a sauce (also good with some red sauce)

top with the vegetables and some cheese.

I take a vegetable peeler and make super thin (but wide) strips of :

zucc

yams

carrots

add thin slices of red bells and onions

while roasting add a whole garlic with the top sliced off and wrapped in foil

make pizza dough

combine the garlic with cream cheese, use as a sauce (also good with some red sauce)

top with the vegetables and some cheese.

My mouth literally started watering!!