Menu

Photoshop Elements Question

Hi,

I am considering purchasing PS Elements. For those who currently own it, do you think it would be possible to create a poster-sized wall calendar to use in my classroom during calendar time? I am seeing a lot of cute digital scrapbook clip art that I would like to incorporate in this project, but it looks like the .png files won't work as well in my Microsoft Publisher software (i.e., I won't be able to modify the clip art). I'm think I would create the calendar and have Staples or Kinko print it for me. I could also use the software to make other coordinating elements for the calendar time bulletin board, binders, and well, you get the idea. I am having trouble finding these items in colors that will look nice in my classroom (I'm a little OCD that way, I guess).

Maybe I should just turn away now, buying Elements could start a very addictive scrapbooking habit!

Thanks for any advice you might have!

I have used it to create a big document--not quite poster sized, but close. It has more to do with the DPI of the stuff you are using to make it. Digital scrap stuff is usually at 300 DPI in order to be print quality.

I was wondering about whether it would be feasible to create a poster-sized calendar. I appreciate your help.

I have made poster sized layouts with PSE, so yes, it is possible. You have the control with PSE to do it. You can't necessarily take a small object and enlarge it 500 times and have it maintain its appearance, but you can do a lot. You could make a poster sized calendar and add pngs to it. Costco prints poster sizes.

Buying PSE could certainly lead to a digital scrapbooking habit, but I don't see that as negative. :001_smile: