Menu

Please Pray for Rough Collie - Angioplasty and stents

Thank you all for praying for me. I really appreciate it.

I didn't know my speech was slurred. I did realize that I was in some sort of fog due to the meds they gave me when the procedure started. Those meds sucked my personality right out of me. You would not believe how hard I was trying to sound cheerful when I talked to Jean in Newcastle. I knew it wasn't working, and I couldn't figure out how to do it.

Anyway, I have a stent in a femoral artery in each leg. I thought there was only one femoral artery in each leg, but I looked it up on Wikipedia and there may be more. My reading comprehension ability hasn't snapped back yet.

My biggest problem is severe pain from lying flat on my back for many hours on a hard table. Even in the cardiac recovery room, the bed/stretcher thing felt like a hard table.

I had to be able to walk before they'd let me leave, but I actually had to choose to leave the hospital in a wheelchair because I couldn't walk far enough. That was not happifying at all.

I am not in severe pain any more because I'm taking 800 mg motrin every 6 hours. I'm going back to bed. To rot. Because I am not allowed to do anything until Monday. No driving, no pushing, no pulling, no lifting, no leaping over tall buildings in a single bound.

Thank you again for your prayers and your concern. I really appreciate it.

RC