Menu

Stamps.com - reviews? Anyone used it?

In my opinion, it is NOT worth it, unless you do a business level of mailing from home.

They charge you for doing the same things you can do for free on USPS.com and on Paypal.com.

I ship from home, not going to the post office all the time. I have an inexpensive postal scale and pick up a stack of boxes for free from the post office for Priority shipping.

If I am shipping Priority or Express, I use USPS.com and request a pickup. If I need to ship media mail, then I use Multi-Order shipping on Paypal and put the package out by my mailbox for pickup.

Both sites print the postage on regular letter paper, no special label paper needed.

I used Stamps.com for years before these other options were available, and did a free trial a few years ago to see if they offered more now that there are free alternatives. But, nope, it was pretty much the same and not worth the monthly fee to me at all.

In my opinion, it is NOT worth it, unless you do a business level of mailing from home.

They charge you for doing the same things you can do for free on USPS.com and on Paypal.com.

I ship from home, not going to the post office all the time. I have an inexpensive postal scale and pick up a stack of boxes for free from the post office for Priority shipping.

If I am shipping Priority or Express, I use USPS.com and request a pickup. If I need to ship media mail, then I use Multi-Order shipping on Paypal and put the package out by my mailbox for pickup.

Both sites print the postage on regular letter paper, no special label paper needed.

I used Stamps.com for years before these other options were available, and did a free trial a few years ago to see if they offered more now that there are free alternatives. But, nope, it was pretty much the same and not worth the monthly fee to me at all.

USPS.com doesn't allow you to print postage for media mail packages. I refuse to use Paypal as I don't agree with their business practices.

I'm shipping anywhere from 10 to 50 packages a month, 99% of which are media mail.