Menu

Looking for High School US History with Worksheets or Notebooking Pages

I'm looking for a high school level American History Program that includes worksheets, mapping, and/or notebooking. Something to do that I don't have to put together. We like to add literature and historical fiction, too.

Do you know of a curriculum with these components?

Does All-American History fit the bill for High school?

I'm looking for a high school level American History Program that includes worksheets, mapping, and/or notebooking. Something to do that I don't have to put together. We like to add literature and historical fiction, too.

Do you know of a curriculum with these components?

Does All-American History fit the bill for High school?

AAH has a Student Activity Book:

http://www.christianbook.com/american-history-explorers-jacksonians-student-activity/celeste-rakes/9781892427113/pd/427117?item_code=WW&netp_id=422258&event=ESRCG&view=details

Also, in the TM, there is a section entitled "Adapting This Curriculum for the High School Student". The author suggests 4 ways to make a high school credit:

* Assign the majority of the For Further Study projects

* Assign some of the Activity Ideas

* Require the use of some of the optional forms in the SAB

* Compile the For Review questions for tests

Hope this helps!! :)

:iagree:This is what I am doing next year. I've combed through the plans and like the rhythm of reading, mapwork, worksheets with cut n paste (yes, for high school) figures. For example cutting/pasting pics of the presidents, war generals, etc. that correspond to a certain event in history. I like the variety to break up the monotony of just reading the text. We will be adding in "extras" that the text suggests for a high schooler.

http://www.christianbook.com/american-history-explorers-jacksonians-student-activity/celeste-rakes/9781892427113/pd/427117?item_code=WW&netp_id=422258&event=ESRCG&view=details

Also, in the TM, there is a section entitled "Adapting This Curriculum for the High School Student". The author suggests 4 ways to make a high school credit:

I used AAH for high school, both books. It is too much to do all of the further study questions if you do both books in one year. You are really booking it through. I wrote to the publisher and got guidelines, I picked one of the further study questions every 2-3 chapters, and used the review as a test. Dd also completed most of the study book. You can try doing all of them, just realize it may be too much.

This does help. Thanks for pointing me to the TE for more info.

I used AAH for high school, both books. It is too much to do all of the further study questions if you do both books in one year. You are really booking it through. I wrote to the publisher and got guidelines, I picked one of the further study questions every 2-3 chapters, and used the review as a test. Dd also completed most of the study book. You can try doing all of them, just realize it may be too much.

I wondered if doing both in one year was too much. We do want to get through US History in one year for grade 11, leaving grade 12 for Economics and Government.

I have given my son samples of AAH I and II and Notgrass Exploring America, along with other books I already have - a BJU US History text and A Patriot's History of the United States - to see which one he prefers. He already knows a lot of US history, so I want him to pick the one that has more in-depth information and which is written in a way that is most enjoyable to him.

Any other US history curricula with worksheets, mapping and/or notebooking included?

• 1 month later...