Menu

Teacher's Lounge ~ 3/12/12

Good afternoon, friends! I didn't see a current teacher's lounge thread opened when I searched, so I guess I'll start one for today!

How was your weekend?

Has the time change affected you? How? Do you like the switch to Daylight Savings Time?

What are you eating today? Breakfast? Lunch? Dinner?

What is your favorite snack treat?

What's the weather like where you live?

:bigear:

Good morning (still for me)!

The time change has discombobulated me so much that I totally forgot about the Teacher's Lounge!

How was your weekend? My weekend was busy and productive. Dd has started to volunteer on Friday and Saturdays so that affects my schedule too.

Has the time change affected you? How? Do you like the switch to Daylight Savings Time? I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate switching time either way. I wish they would decide on one time and stick with it forever. I have insomnia and this messes with me big time. Did I say that I hate it?

Breakfast - usual; Lunch - usual; Dinner - Ds has planned dinners this week. He says that tonight are "loaded quesadillas". Since I'm not eating dairy products right now I'm not sure how I'm going to do mine.

What is your favorite snack treat? Flax chips dipped into a dip made of laughing cow cheese and mango salsa.

What's the weather like where you live? Grey and stormy today.

How was your weekend?

The weekend was good. DS and dh were gone on their first Boy Scout camping trip. They had van trouble on the way home yesterday so they got back later than anticipated. DD performed in a dance program on Saturday night. I enjoyed watching her and her friend do a duet to "Behind the Scenes" by Francesca Batistelli. On Saturday afternoon, I went to a memorial service for a member of our church. He passed away from leukemia at age 46. He leaves behind a wife, 6 children (ages 7-24), and 2 grandchildren.

Has the time change affected you? How? Do you like the switch to Daylight Savings Time?

Normally the time change doesn't affect me too much, but I'm really struggling today. I don't know if it's related to my allergies (everything is starting to bloom), the time change, or the fact that we had a busy weekend. But, I just can't seem to find my motivation today.

I had Cinnamon Life cereal for breakfast. The kids had bagels. For lunch, we had leftover Italian Sausage & Potato bake. It was yummy. We're having chicken quesadillas for dinner, with sides of rice, beans, and corn. DD4 and I just made a batch of brownies. Those will be for dessert tonight!

Today, I discovered that pretzel rods dipped in the new Philadelphia "Indulgence" chocolate cream cheese is quite sinful.

It's warm & sunny here today, with a high of 70. I think it's supposed to be in the 70's and 80's all week.

:bigear:

Hi! I'm only just discovering this Teachers' Lounge. Mind if I join you?

How was your weekend?

Weekend was good. Not as busy as some have been recently which was a welcome break. St. Patrick's Day parade on Saturday. Dd turned 15 yesterday so I made her favorite dinner (manicotti) and a red velvet cake (which I've never had before and wasn't all that excited about) This week will be a busy one though. Two of my kids are in the high school play, even though they are homeschooled. (They go there for band and chorus classes and extracurriculars. Son has the lead romantic role.) The kids will be busy every day this week with tech week and then family is arriving from out of town to see the play.

It never affects me much. But dh will be complaining about it for weeks. I don't get it. Go to sleep. Then wake up. Maybe I'm just used to being tired all the time that I don't notice the change much.

Bagel for breakfast. Half a salami sandwich for lunch. Dinner is yet to be decided. I want to make spinach crepes some time this week, but as I said 2 of my 4 kids will not be home for dinner any night this week due to play rehearsals. And spinach crepes are one of the few meals we all like.

Let me see...It would have to be something chocolatey. Brownies are the perfect snack food, I think. But lately I've been buying those100 calorie snack bags of chocolate covered pretzels. Yum.

Absolutely beautiful! High in the 70's. Hooray. Daffodils are starting to push up. That reminds me...I'm heading outside for a walk with my youngest. TTFN!

Hello.

How was your weekend? It was pretty bad. DH was in a bike accident - he was hit by a car. He's not broken, but he's pretty battered and has 15 stitches in his face. I got to hold his hand in the ER while they spent over an hour picking gravel out of his face and trying to sew some of the skin back together. Bad, bad weekend which could have been much worse - his helmet was cracked, and his bike is totaled.

Has the time change affected you? I'm tired, but I would've been tired anyway.

What are you eating today? Breakfast? Lunch? Dinner? yogurt with flax and berries, pb&apples, and pot roast tonight.

What is your favorite snack treat? I actually don't really snack.

What's the weather like where you live? Sunny and 60 with a perfect blue sky.

How was your weekend? It was okay. A bit stressful as I'm recovering from surgery and planning the transition from afterschooling to homeschooling, but the weather was nice and the kids behaved.

Has the time change affected you? How? Do you like the switch to Daylight Savings Time? I like the longer days but I am dragging today. That might be due to the 5AM phone call I received about a family emergency and the fact that this is my first day back "on the job" as Mom post-surgery (husband went back to work).

What are you eating today? Breakfast? Lunch? Dinner? Coffee for breakfast. Clam chowder for lunch. I'll probably make some kind of Indian curry for dinner.

What is your favorite snack treat? Good salami, or celery with almond butter.

What's the weather like where you live? Nice. 70ish and sunny.

Hello.

How was your weekend? It was pretty bad. DH was in a bike accident - he was hit by a car. He's not broken, but he's pretty battered and has 15 stitches in his face. I got to hold his hand in the ER while they spent over an hour picking gravel out of his face and trying to sew some of the skin back together. Bad, bad weekend which could have been much worse - his helmet was cracked, and his bike is totaled.

Oh my goodness, Karen. I'm so grateful that your husband is still alive--albeit battered. I will pray for healing for his injuries. How did the accident happen? Did the driver stop to help your husband? In our area, there have been a number of "hit and run" accidents involving cyclists and drivers.

How was your weekend? It was okay. A bit stressful as I'm recovering from surgery and planning the transition from afterschooling to homeschooling, but the weather was nice and the kids behaved.

Praying for quick healing for you after your surgery, Kirsten!

Oh my goodness, Karen. I'm so grateful that your husband is still alive--albeit battered. I will pray for healing for his injuries. How did the accident happen? Did the driver stop to help your husband? In our area, there have been a number of "hit and run" accidents involving cyclists and drivers.

He was riding with a group of cyclists, and he was in front. The driver of the car swerved into the bike lane and braked right in front of him. She stopped, and there were about 20 witnesses so she wouldn't have gotten far.

Oh my! :ohmy: Hope he heels fast.

Hope you feel better soon too!!

Good morning everyone :D

How was your weekend? It was okay - it was cold and rainy all weekend so we stayed home.

Has the time change affected you? How? Do you like the switch to Daylight Savings Time? I HATE it. It makes me sick the 1st day, then wired the 2nd day and it takes a good week to get back to normal.

What are you eating today? Breakfast? Lunch? Dinner? Breakfast was toast with grape jelly. Dinner will be baked beef strips with rice and veggies.

What is your favorite snack treat? Hmm....this is a hard one. Banana Bread or Pumpkin Bread maybe?

What's the weather like where you live? Beautiful today - hoping it lasts all week as we have plans to go to Morgan's Wonderland at least once this week - maybe twice!

How was your weekend? Uneventful :001_smile: Weather was nice so kiddos played outside all day both days. I did some "projects" around the house and dh tried to stay out of my sight. When I mention projects dh tries to hide.

Has the time change affected you? How? Do you like the switch to Daylight Savings Time? Not sure yet. I am still tired. Of course I am always tired.

What are you eating today? Breakfast? Lunch? Dinner? Breakfast/Lunch was a porkchop on a biscuit. Dinner??? maybe leftovers

What is your favorite snack treat? chip

What's the weather like where you live? sunny and warm. so nice