Menu

May I share this here? (new BMI--almost to goal weight)

I've been working really hard to create a new lifestyle of fitness over the last several months.

Just weighed this morning for the first time since December. I'm down 10 pounds total since the fall (4 away from my goal weight), I am beginning to have muscle definition (my family is getting used to me walking around showing them my muscles!), and my new BMI is 20.94 (I know--almost 21 but I'll take everything I can get! lol).

It's hard work but I feel great and have a excellent support system in place.

I'm just so excited. :D And remotivated!

Thanks for listening.

I've been working really hard to create a new lifestyle of fitness over the last several months.

Just weighed this morning for the first time since December. I'm down 10 pounds total since the fall (4 away from my goal weight), I am beginning to have muscle definition (my family is getting used to me walking around showing them my muscles!), and my new BMI is 20.94 (I know--almost 21 but I'll take everything I can get! lol).

It's hard work but I feel great and have a excellent support system in place.

I'm just so excited. :D And remotivated!

Thanks for listening.

Good job!

Y'all are so sweet! You know what has been the most help? Accountability.

I learned that the number one predictor of whether a person succeeds at fitness and weight loss is whether they have an accountability partner.

So, when I began this journey, I made sure I found some friends who were willing to join me. We meet once a week to workout together, exchange food and exercise journals, text each other when we need a little extra help (like trying to resist dessert at a party or the bread sticks at a family meal), and trade healthy reicpes and snack ideas. We send each other encouraging articles and notes, and if we torch some calories on the elliptical or treadmill, we send a text and tell each other. When the scale goes up we share it and when the scale goes down we share it!

Honestly, that has made all the difference.

You're welcome to join us on the Weight Loss Challenge social group if you want!

Lots of support and accountability there! We have different exercise challenges that anybody can join (and if there's not one there you're interested in, anybody can start one at any time). We post our weigh ins each week. We chat and support and encourage each other. There was a thread where a few members were posting their food journals for accountability...I'm sure you could revive that because a few people seemed to be getting some benefit out of that.

Check it out and see what you think. :)

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/group.php?groupid=129