Menu

Seeking Christian resource:

I am looking for a Christian resource that will help me guide my son with books that are read, where I can coach him to evaluate characters and ideas, to determine whether they are in line with basic biblical values and principles.

Does such a resource exist? Or would I only need to make a list of headings under the Fruit of the Spirit, and the Sermon on the Mount, and have my ds write about a particular character using those as a guide?

I am looking for a Christian resource that will help me guide my son with books that are read, where I can coach him to evaluate characters and ideas, to determine whether they are in line with basic biblical values and principles.

Does such a resource exist?

I think such a resource exists. In TWTM book, logic stage literature section, there are sets of questions to ask of a literature book (biography, too). These questions help you analyze the characters and ideas, and help you to evaluate them. You could easily use these sets of questions on most literature and biographies your son will read, to talk with him about the books. As you discuss, you can determine together whether or not you think the characters and ideas are in line with biblical values and principles.