Menu

TOG Discussions

lexi

Ok, I know there are many of you who have lots of experience with TOG. I have a question:

In Week 23 of Year 1 there is a discussion outline for Grammar students. We LOVED this and it was perfect!

I'm not seeing this in every week in the Teacher's Notes. Why? Does Tapestry have any plans to add in more discussion for the younger crowd?

What about Year 2? Does it have more guided discussion for grammar level?

I've only found discussions for dialectic and rhetoric this year (year 2). All of my children sit through the dialectic discussion and are able to participate to varying levels. My highschooler and I then continue and do the rhetoric discussion with just the 2 of us. :001_smile:

I wonder if they would ever add in some extra discussion outlines for Grammar students if enough people asked them? That would be so helpful to me and my kids would love that! And I would love not having to come up with questions........

I wonder if they would ever add in some extra discussion outlines for Grammar students if enough people asked them? That would be so helpful to me and my kids would love that! And I would love not having to come up with questions........

It's not discussion outlines persay, but the Pop Quiz includes index cards with questions for each level...just a thought. ;)

I would also love a demo of what the discussion looks like done the way TOG outlines.

These might be helpful:

http://tapestryofgrace.com/llc/training/freevids.php

They also offer the Foundational Sessions on CD:

http://tapestryofgrace.com/llc/training/foundational.php

The one entitled "Holding Socratic Discussions" might work.