Menu

Favorite math facts app for iPad?

Clpretzel

We like Mad Math. It has addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. The games are flashcards, bubble math, and bingo. It also tracks the kids' progress for addition, subtraction, and multiplication for each of the fact families.

Mad Math looks good Erin - for the price, that's a lot of reinforcement. How does the tracking look? Does the app somehow adapt to drill more often on the facts that aren't mastered yet? That would be awesome :) - haven't found an app that does that yet.

Mad Math looks good Erin - for the price, that's a lot of reinforcement. How does the tracking look? Does the app somehow adapt to drill more often on the facts that aren't mastered yet? That would be awesome :) - haven't found an app that does that yet.

As the user drills more, he moves up levels so the equations get harder. I don't know if it specifically drills the unknown facts. For my ds9, I look at the stats and then remind him of the answers to ones he missed. For my dd6, I'm still not to the point where I push math fact recall but it helps me guide our math practice.

It's not perfect. My dd has moved up in flash cards and bingo, but she can't do the bubble math at her current level as she still has trouble with number relationships. In the flash cards, you can adjust the maximum value which helps me concentrate on particular facts.

It's the kids' favorite math app and when bored, I even play it sometimes.