Menu

I wish I'd discovered this mother's little helper earlier in my mom life.

And no it isn't valium for me or benadryl for the kids. :D

I am reaching for ear plugs. I'm a bit hormonal today and on sensory overload. My kids are happily singing and laughing at obscene levels and I just want them to knock it off. But why should I ban their happiness even if it is grating on my last nerve? I don't have to.

I put in those neon orange ear plugs and can have the quiet time I need. I can still hear them call for me or they can touch my arm for my attention. They poke fun at it, but they also know that I am in a crabby mood and don't want to be a grump. It is nothing personal.

So try ear plugs. It is so peaceful. I'm even seeing my dogs bark at the back door because my neighbors are having a huge bbq with friends. The barking isn't annoying me, and I am not letting them out to terrorize the party.

LOL

When my first had colic, one day my husband brought me home a pair of those ear phone things worn by air traffic controllers. I still reach for them from time to time. ;)

I wish I'd discovered plugs when my youngest son was little. He screamed all the time. Stressful.

I wish I could wear ear plugs - my ears are slightly malformed/too small for anything to fit without pain. And I really don't want to wear those HUGE noise-deafening earphones :glare:

Get silicone or wax earplugs. You can just pinch off the amount that fits your ear. You can mold them to shape in your ear too. They also work for sleeping. I always use Mack's (you can find them in drugstores). I highly, highly recommend them.

(I can't use the foam earplugs because they are too big for my ears.)

Get silicone or wax earplugs. You can just pinch off the amount that fits your ear. You can mold them to shape in your ear too. They also work for sleeping. I always use Mack's (you can find them in drugstores). I highly, highly recommend them.

(I can't use the foam earplugs because they are too big for my ears.)

1307022793.jpg&w=350&h=350

Yup....we use these for my swim my kids.....and me, when dh is watching some gruesome thing on tv. I also use my headphones and calming music or audio books. In a pinch, I vacuum...lol. " I can't hear you.....I'm vacuuming :D"