Menu

Study of prehistory - help!

Truscifi

We just finished SOTW4 and want to take a year before starting the logic stage history cycle. Ds8 asked to learn about prehistory. We will start at the big bang and move forward, but I have no idea what materials to use. I think we will read parts of Hawking's A Brief History of Time together as a read aloud and discuss, and there should be a lot of documentaries when we get to the pre-Cambrian and later, but that's as far as I've gotten. We definitely want secular materials. Also, we want to do a timeline, so any suggestions for how to do a giant timeline from the beginning of the universe to the dawn of human civilization would be helpful too. Whatcha got? :D

Whatcha got? :D

We watched How The Universe Works series on cable. We watched a ton of dinosaur documentaries on Netlix & cable. Clever NatGeo timeline here. Don't miss Jack Horner's TED talks. Some fun musical resources here at Symphony Of Science. Stephen Hawking on Netflix is wonderful.

HTH!

Edited by Beth in SW WA
link

We watched How The Universe Works series on cable. We watched a ton of dinosaur documentaries on Netlix & cable. Clever NatGeo timeline here. Don't miss Jack Horner's TED talks. Some fun musical resources here at Symphony Of Science. Stephen Hawking on Netflix is wonderful.

HTH!

See, this is why I love it here. Thanks! :)