Menu

from microwave to toaster oven

If you ditched your mircowave and bought a toaster oven instead...how was the change over for you? easy...hard...someplace in between. As of right now, I barely use our microwave...mostly for quick heat ups of small amounts of left overs or melting/sofening butter for a recipe. So I am curious if it was hard for you.

I bought a toaster oven so that I'd use my microwave less, and it worked.

I still use the microwave, but not nearly as much. I don't have an issue with using one, I jsut think food tastes better (usually) when cooked in an oven. I never had a toaster oven growing up, but wow do I use one now.

I bought a toaster oven so that I'd use my microwave less, and it worked.

I still use the microwave, but not nearly as much. I don't have an issue with using one, I jsut think food tastes better (usually) when cooked in an oven. I never had a toaster oven growing up, but wow do I use one now.

Which toaster oven do you have??

I am thinking it would be nice for a couple reasons. One, if I want to heat one small thing up, it would be cheaper to use than the big oven...also, this summer, if I want to bake or cook something, using a toaster oven won't heat the kitchen up as much as the big oven. Plus, it can replace the toaster, which would be nice...because my toaster is starting to go.

So, am I right about these assumptions??

If you ditched your mircowave and bought a toaster oven instead...how was the change over for you? easy...hard...someplace in between. As of right now, I barely use our microwave...mostly for quick heat ups of small amounts of left overs or melting/sofening butter for a recipe. So I am curious if it was hard for you.

We got rid of our mic about 7 years ago. It was replaced with a toaster oven. I did eventually get a dehydrator that you slide shelves into and I use that to start thawing frozen meat and such. I also do a lot of one pan heat ups on the stove(meat in one corner, veg in one corner,potatoe in one corner).

My kids WILL NOT eat anything heated up in a mic now. They say it tastes yucky. :lol: I happen to agree.

I am thinking it would be nice for a couple reasons. One, if I want to heat one small thing up, it would be cheaper to use than the big oven...also, this summer, if I want to bake or cook something, using a toaster oven won't heat the kitchen up as much as the big oven. Plus, it can replace the toaster, which would be nice...because my toaster is starting to go.

So, am I right about these assumptions??

Those are the same reasons I got one, and I've found them all to be true. I just have whatever cheap one I got at Walmart, lol. I know there are fancier ones, but a basic one is fine with me.