Menu

Can we list all the World History/Ancient History textbooks for high school?

I mean curriculum books. We have the Usborne Encyclopedia of the ancient world and a few other supplemental books like that. I am trying to decide how to proceed with AHL and so before looking one at a time I would like to see what all of my options are and narrow down from that. This way I won't like one, then find another I think I like better and so forth.

The ones I have:

MOH 1

Notgrass World History

Ones I am currently looking at:

Glencoe World History by Spielvogel

BJU World History (not interested in Abekas-- my kids HATE Abeka)

History of the Ancient World (dd does not like the sample of this)

What else is there that could work for 9th grade Ancients and 10th grade World with MFW.

Are you looking for textbooks to use as a spine book for all of history? I'm not sure I understand what you meant.

If so, we have liked The Pageant of World History by Gerald Leinwand for junior high level reading and World History by Krieger, Neill and Janstzen for high school. Both are a bit older textbook, so they are not as PC as current writing, in fact, I really like the latter because it doesn't mince words at all about some of the things in 20 th century history that should be called out as evil, whether -isms or actual events.

hth

Are you looking for textbooks to use as a spine book for all of history? I'm not sure I understand what you meant.

If so, we have liked The Pageant of World History by Gerald Leinwand for junior high level reading and World History by Krieger, Neill and Janstzen for high school. Both are a bit older textbook, so they are not as PC as current writing, in fact, I really like the latter because it doesn't mince words at all about some of the things in 20 th century history that should be called out as evil, whether -isms or actual events.

hth

Right now either Ancients or a full world history spine is fine. I am not sure how we will proceed after 10th grade. MFW Does Ancients in 9th then finishes World History in 10th grade. So for now that is what I would like.

Not sure if we will do American History in 11th and Government/Economics in 12th or continue with MFW for 11th and 12th.

Edited by wy_kid_wrangler04

The ones I own are:

Speilvogel's World History: The Human Odyssey

Speilvogel's Western Civilization

The American Pageant

Tindall's American History

All of mine were used copies picked up cheaply.

Not texts, but also interesting for history

DK History Encyclopedia (gorgeous photos)

The Encyclopedia of World History (Stearns) - this is dates in world history grouped by era and region, fascinating to just flip through

The ones I own are:

Speilvogel's World History: The Human Odyssey

Speilvogel's Western Civilization

The American Pageant

Tindall's American History

All of mine were used copies picked up cheaply.

Not texts, but also interesting for history

DK History Encyclopedia (gorgeous photos)

The Encyclopedia of World History (Stearns) - this is dates in world history grouped by era and region, fascinating to just flip through

:iagree: