Menu

what is the learning curve for homeschool tracker?

We're just recovering from several transitions, and I'm having trouble getting my feet under me. I can't wait for TWTM [ETA - I meant My Well Planned Day] online software to become available! :001_smile: Really, I can't wait. I need something to tide me over between now and then.

What is the learning curve for Homeschool Tracker? (I'd be using the online version, if that makes any difference.) Would it be worth a one-month subscription?

Do you use it to keep track of your daily schedule, including any non-school related things? How useful is it for early elementary, as we won't be grading anything?

Edited by mudboots

Thank you so much for pointing out that HST has an online version now!!!

HST has been the backbone of our homeschool since the beginning (5 years ago).

There is quite a learning curve (I can only comment on the CD-version), but the owners are more than helpful and answer any questions within hours. In the end, simply playing around with the program A LOT helped me the most.

I had not heard there will be TWTM software!

Uh... never mind. :blushing:

Make that "My Well Planned Day" software, here, launching at the end of March. Sorry.

Obviously, I need something to get my brain in order. But it sounds like I should wait, if I don't plan to use Homeschool Tracker. On the other hand, maybe a trial wouldn't be bad anyway...

Uh... never mind. :blushing:

Make that "My Well Planned Day" software, here, launching at the end of March. Sorry.

Obviously, I need something to get my brain in order. But it sounds like I should wait, if I don't plan to use Homeschool Tracker. On the other hand, maybe a trial wouldn't be bad anyway...

ooh that looks intriguing!

What frustrates me is that I just haven't found one that matches how I do things or think about things.

Exactly! I want something that makes my life easier. So, I don't want to spend an hour per subject per kid trying to get the lessons put into it! I want a program that I can say Math has 130 lessons and we don't do Math on Sundays and Mondays and start Lesson 1 on March 15 and end it Sept 30. I want a program written well enough that it is easy for me to intuitively just start using. I get nervous really quickly when people say there is a difficult "learning curve". I have enough studying to do to keep ahead of the kids I really don't need/have time to learn a program.

Like I said before, I'm probably asking to much. :lol: