Menu

Spinoff question--discrimination against Christians?

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had no sense of humor, I would long ago have committed suicide. ~Mahatma Gandhi

Or if you need something more Biblical, "God has made laughter for me; everyone who hears will laugh with me."

I am really surprised that the humour wasn't noted in your previous post *sigh*

I reserve the right to define my own interpretation of the teen-stoning mandate in the Bible, after my TWO daughters turn thirteen in the SAME YEAR.

(Though by then, I may have joined an Eastern religion that provides year-long spiritual sabbaticals in the Asian mountains. No minors allowed.)

I reserve the right to define my own interpretation of the teen-stoning mandate in the Bible, after my TWO daughters turn thirteen in the SAME YEAR.

(Though by then, I may have joined an Eastern religion that provides year-long spiritual sabbaticals in the Asian mountains. No minors allowed.)

*shudders in horror*

FWIW, I feel much better after I got totally smashed on wine and vodka-soaked gummy bears and played RockBand with two other WTM ladies at my house last night. Most WTMers are so awesome. SO, I recommend that over stoning teenagers.

What about for the nondrinkers among us. How do WE survive?

I think it would be fun to play Rockband...by the way. I've often thought of starting a middle-aged Moms band.

Oh, honey.

Book your ticket now for the year they turn 15.

Chocolate? Coffee?

You should come over. :D

Can't do chocolate either.

But coffee...yes, I already drink enough to keep Mick Jagger in the 70's sober.

I need something else. I've often joked about adding weed to the smoothies. But it's kind of hard for we 50 year olds to find it today. Back in the day, I understand my next door neighbor always had a stash.

Oh, I'm there. I NEED a "Moms night." BAD. A non-judgmental Moms night, where I won't go away feeling worse that everyone else has perfect Christian kids that do everything right, or are perfect themselves. I only managed to get a few things right, mainly because I married a saintly guy.

FWIW, I feel much better after I got totally smashed on wine and vodka-soaked gummy bears and played RockBand with two other WTM ladies at my house last night. Most WTMers are so awesome. SO, I recommend that over stoning teenagers.

Flipping elephant ears! That does sound much more fun than a stoning. Vodka soaked gummy bear, wine, and rockband with other homeschooling moms? Love it.

I need something else. I've often joked about adding weed to the smoothies. But it's kind of hard for we 50 year olds to find it today. Back in the day, I understand my next door neighbor always had a stash.

Oh, I'm there. I NEED a "Moms night." BAD. A non-judgmental Moms night, where I won't go away feeling worse that everyone else has perfect Christian kids that do everything right, or are perfect themselves. I only managed to get a few things right, mainly because I married a saintly guy.

I married a saintly guy too. They are annoying. :lol:

:lol:

Cheese? It has some decent chemicals. LOL

Yes, you belong with us. None of us get it right. We know it. We're okay with that. :grouphug:

We have all these word taboos. The R-word, the N-word, gay, Nazi, Jew (in certain contexts), etc.

I just want to touch on this particular aspect of this discussion in this post. These words are examples of derogatory terms used about a groups of people.

So why do my kids constantly hear "good" adults saying "oh my god" and "jeez" at school and elsewhere? Why is it considered ok to say/write "Jesus F**'ng Christ"? Who would dare to type the "F" word in association with the word "Mohammad"?

These words are not. These are all examples of violating a Christian commandment. As an aside, I have never heard of "jeez" having any connection with Jesus what-so-ever but even if I did, it would not make any difference at all. Not using the Lord's name in vain is a commandment of your religion. As a non-Christian, I am not bound by the covenents of your religion. They do not apply to me. While I do not use derogetory terms and I certainly don't go out of my way to offend people, I also do not make it a habit of trying to NOT offend everyone because it simply is not possible. There is no way to avoid offending everyone. Some Christians say things that offend me. I know that it is not their intention to offend me so I deal with it and move on. I do not expect them to conform their behavior to my desires. I would much appreciate if they afforded me the same curtesy.

I just want to touch on this particular aspect of this discussion in this post. These words are examples of derogatory terms used about a groups of people.

These words are not. These are all examples of violating a Christian commandment. As an aside, I have never heard of "jeez" having any connection with Jesus what-so-ever but even if I did, it would not make any difference at all. Not using the Lord's name in vain is a commandment of your religion. As a non-Christian, I am not bound by the covenents of your religion. They do not apply to me. While I do not use derogetory terms and I certainly don't go out of my way to offend people, I also do not make it a habit of trying to NOT offend everyone because it simply is not possible. There is no way to avoid offending everyone. Some Christians say things that offend me. I know that it is not their intention to offend me so I deal with it and move on. I do not expect them to conform their behavior to my desires. I would much appreciate if they afforded me the same curtesy.

I'm just going to pass you the vodka-soaked gummy bears.