Menu

Roll call for today's SAT--who has a student there?

Not my student! She's done, and most thankful to be so.

But I did drive her to the T-station early this morning to get to work and she was pretty grumpy! As I came to the rotary where we'd have had to turn off for the school where she took the SATs, I suggested that her day could have been worse...I think she *almost* smiled.

Good luck to your dd.

~Moira

My daughter is taking it now! I am sitting in an internet coffeeshop 45 minutes from home, since this is the closest town that offers the SAT. My daughter doesn't yet have her license so we left our home at 6:45 am. Now just sitting and...yawning...and drinking coffee while I wait. :) She was studying flashcards in the car on the way over.

My daughter is taking it now! I am sitting in an internet coffeeshop 45 minutes from home, since this is the closest town that offers the SAT. My daughter doesn't yet have her license so we left our home at 6:45 am. Now just sitting and...yawning...and drinking coffee while I wait. :) She was studying flashcards in the car on the way over.

I didn't realize that our local high school is a big testing point. I just thought that most of the schools offered testing today, lol. It wasn't until another mom there said that she'd driven 30+ mins. to get there. It took us 5 mins. to get there, so I'm very thankful about that!!

My poor dd is convinced she'll "fail," that all of her dreams will be scrapped, and that she'll have to settle for a teaching job instead. (Yes, she said that, but it's not her first choice!) She's been a bit stressed about all of these big life events. Tomorrow we're going to a college fair, and getting her driver's license is next on the list.

I'll be glad when this morning is over.

DS1 is taking it now. He ate breakfast first: 4 XL eggs, 6 slices of bacon, 2 pieces of toast, milk and OJ. I think he was more worried about getting hungry during the test than anything else. He wouldn't take a snack, except for lemon water.

Edited by RoughCollie

Ha, I remember my son thinking more about the food part than anything, too. He packed a big snack -- like a second breakfast -- when he took it (three times). My daughter wasn't too worried this morning; I told her to think of today's test as more of a practice. (Maybe not good parental advice!) I'm just planning that she'll take it again next fall, after she figures out what she REALLY needs to work on.

I told her to think of today's test as more of a practice. (Maybe not good parental advice!) I'm just planning that she'll take it again next fall, after she figures out what she REALLY needs to work on.

I've been telling mine this too, and that she can consider the ACT.

We just got home. Her advice: "You know you're homeschooled when you don't know how to work an old fashioned pencil sharpener." She kept trying to stick the pencil in each of the holes. lol.

My older ds took it today. I think it was a rough day for him. First there was a major accident on the road and he had to go a different way. He wanted to stop at the store on the way to the test center--to pick up a pencil sharpener. Store was closed. Had to go to Walmart instead. At the test center he saw a friend of ours--she's my age. I think she's trying to go back to college. Anyway, that threw him off a bit. Then when the test was over he called to let us know he locked his keys in the car. Lucky for him we were just 5 minutes away, on our way home from younger ds's soccer game. And extra lucky that I happened to have the extra set of keys to that car with me; I usually don't.

My older ds took it today. I think it was a rough day for him. First there was a major accident on the road and he had to go a different way. He wanted to stop at the store on the way to the test center--to pick up a pencil sharpener. Store was closed. Had to go to Walmart instead. At the test center he saw a friend of ours--she's my age. I think she's trying to go back to college. Anyway, that threw him off a bit. Then when the test was over he called to let us know he locked his keys in the car. Lucky for him we were just 5 minutes away, on our way home from younger ds's soccer game. And extra lucky that I happened to have the extra set of keys to that car with me; I usually don't.

Oh, poor kid!! I hope his confidence will stay up, and if he's not happy with his scores, he can retake.