Menu

Remember Amy in Orlando (the soap mom?) her son needs votes...

The Soap Mom - I just gave her a great moniker! ;) Anyway, she has/is a home schooling mom of four boys down in Florida...and her oldest is close, so close, to winning a full free year of rent at his college apartment AND $1,000 in a local contest. His winning would free up funds for the twins due to start college next year. Anyway, Amy is Good People and here is the link to vote for Dan Baker:

http://www.theapartmentseekers.com/roommatecontest/videos.php

You do not have to watch his little video (although it is funny!) - just vote. Pass the word along, too - thanks!

PS Amy does not know I am asking here. Dan is just so close.... the top vote-getter probably is asking all and sundry for votes, too, for the numbers to be so high. Are we going to let some probably non-home schooled kid win? NO! :D

I voted. Several times. ;) I also read Amy's blog and feel like I know her. I want to tell people on Facebook to vote for my friend's son. Only problem is, she has no idea who I am. Isn't cyber space weird?

Joy

I feel the same way. Maybe we should start a fan club and have a convention in Florida. ;)

I voted. Several times. ;) I also read Amy's blog and feel like I know her. I want to tell people on Facebook to vote for my friend's son. Only problem is, she has no idea who I am. Isn't cyber space weird?

Joy

I posted this on my FB page:

Please vote here for a friend of a friend's son (he'll win free rent for a year).

http://www.theapartmentseekers.com/roommatecontest/vote.php?cID=BRC-3512-2

(this is the link that will go directly to his video only and the space to enter the email address and vote)

Thanks for posting this. I miss Amy and would love to know her user name if someone would pm me. I voted 4 times (4 different email addresses) but now the website isn't working for me. I'll try again later to vote with dh and dds' emails addresses.

I will wait and see if she 'outs' herself first. Sometimes people change their names for a reason and I don't want to put her in a compromising position.

Amy is still here sometimes, she just has a different name. :0)

I see...I am starting to wonder how many "old-timers" that seem to have just disappeared really just changed user names. I know of a few, but there could be so many more! I may be missing people and they are right under my nose:tongue_smilie:!