Menu

Teachers Lounge 3-9-12

HAPPY FRIDAY!

We're off to co-op this morning. Then this afternoon, all by myself (well, me and Jesus ;)), I'm going to a beautiful town about an hour or so north of here for an overnight escape. :)

What's the best meal you're going to have this weekend? Me: possibly Sunday dinner which will be a combined birthday dinner at my sister's.

What are you doing this weekend? See above. Then scrapbooking tomorrow. Sunday is church and the bday gathering.

If you do your own lesson plans, WHEN do you do them during the week?

I mostly used Sonlight so a lot is taken care of for me. The others I'm still figuring out!

Talk to me! :bigear:

Good morning!

What's the best meal you're going to have this weekend? Food? Food is for people who don't have to clean :D and I need to clean in a bad way.

What are you doing this weekend? DH will be making the boys a bunkbed. I will be purging stuff and organizing. I really want my house to look like Pretty in Pink's. Or at least more on that end of the spectrum.

If you do your own lesson plans, WHEN do you do them during the week? Sunday, details on my blog. There's not much to plan yet, but I'm hoping to add geography and science in next week so I need to plan that out.

Good morning everyone! It's COLD here today - yesterday was 75 for a high, today is only supposed to get to 50 if we are lucky.

What's the best meal you're going to have this weekend? No idea - we tend to plan meals that morning. Tonight's going to be chicken breasts with potatoes and veggies.

What are you doing this weekend? Resting, working on decluttering books, and cleaning. I'm way behind on cleaning with working on this foreclosure issue. Oh and going to the community meeting tomorrow to make sure they aren't thinking of implementing a daytime curfew again here.

I write my own, but I do it all in one big job on a weekend. I'm weird - I like writing lesson plans! I just make small tweaks through the year on weekends after writing them.

Happy Friday!

What's the best meal you're going to have this weekend?

Probably Saturday night when we go out - pizza and jazz.

What are you doing this weekend?

The weather is supposed to be nice again so I am going to spend it getting some sunshine and fresh air which I desperately need.

I am all setup to do-the-next-thing. I don't lesson plan during the school year otherwise it would never get done.

HAPPY FRIDAY!

We're off to co-op this morning. Then this afternoon, all by myself (well, me and Jesus ;)), I'm going to a beautiful town about an hour or so north of here for an overnight escape. :)

What's the best meal you're going to have this weekend? Me: possibly Sunday dinner which will be a combined birthday dinner at my sister's.

What are you doing this weekend? See above. Then scrapbooking tomorrow. Sunday is church and the bday gathering.

I mostly used Sonlight so a lot is taken care of for me. The others I'm still figuring out!

Our Spring Break starts today, so I am planning to do absolutely nothing. Seriously, I will be in my p.j.'s until lunchtime. :D My weekend will be pretty much the same.

Next week is going to be devoted to catching up on the backlog on the DVR and reading the 1,000 page book I just put on my Nook. No school, no school planning, no curriculum shopping, and no boards. I seriously need a week off, and I'm gonna take it.

The best meal this weekend: DH is taking me out to celebrate our 16th wedding anniversary. Restaurant is TBD but probably our favorite hibachi bar.

In general I do lesson plans for the next week on Friday morning/afternoon, after I see how far we've gotten during the current week. I don't spend a lot of time on long term plans because years of experience have taught me that I just don't stick to them. :tongue_smilie:

Hope everyone has a great weekend. See y'all in ten days :seeya:

I hope you both have fun on your breaks! :auto: Drive carefully!

HAPPY FRIDAY!

Happy Friday! Have fun up north! :001_smile: Take your allergy pills!

The best meal this weekend? Probably tonight's pizza. But, I'm picking up my Bountiful Baskets order tomorrow, so maybe we will have an unexpected treat in there?

This weekend, it will be the standard work for dh, cleaning and baking for me. Not much fun at all, but I'm thankful.

I do lesson plans usually on Sunday evenings or afternoons.

What's the best meal you're going to have this weekend? Probably soup lol I am down to 1 kid all weekend, no fancy cooking for me

What are you doing this weekend? After my ex picks up dd today, I have to drive my 2 boys to scout camp. THen I am on my own with dd4 for the weekend. I plan to get and get some badges sewn on to dd's badge sash as a surprise for her. THen Sunday I go pick up the boys and then wait for ex to bring dd home.

Usually after the kids go to bed or on Sundays

Scrap -- enjoy your escape:001_smile:

Shari -- enjoy your break :chillpill::sleep::thumbup:

Meggie -- I too want my house looking like Pretty in Pink's or somewhere in the same ball park. It is far from that now. :glare:

What's the best meal you're going to have this weekend? Hopefully something good but don't have a clue yet.

What are you doing this weekend?Get rid of junk, clean and organize :ack2:

If you do your own lesson plans, WHEN do you do them during the week? Usually on Sunday afternoon

Seriously thinking about getting the kiddos to do their math and call that school for the day. I am suddenly in the mood to clean. I really need to jump on this mood. ;)

What's the best meal you're going to have this weekend?

I do not intend to cook anything more complicated that pasta this weekend! It's just me and the two youngest all weekend. I foresee some "take out" food in our near future.

What are you doing this weekend?

DH and ds will be away all weekend on a boy scout camping trip in the mountains. DD14 has dress rehearsal tonight and a performance tomorrow. I will be serving as taxi driver to get her back and forth! LOL! I have a memorial service to go to tomorrow at 1pm for a member of our church and then dinner at my grandparents' house before we go to dd's performance. DD's dance company is having a huge sleepover at the studio after the performance, so I'll have to go pick her up in the morning before church.

We're pretty much a "do the next thing" as far as lesson plans!

Ack! Our router burned out. What a thing to wake up to. I have temporary access at the moment. A trip to the electronics store is on the agenda. Not having internet time while I slowly wake up has seriously impacted my day!!!

What's the best meal you're going to have this weekend? I have absolutely no idea. Cooking is very low on my priority list at the moment. That doesn't mean that I cook slop but it does mean that I'm cooking by rote.

What are you doing this weekend? Router shopping. I'm also trying to decide if I need to take ds14 to the doctor today or not. Tonight dd10 will start volunteering at the Y. She is the youngest volunteer they've ever approved. Tonight she will help to serve a pancake supper. Tomorrow morning she will volunteer for two hours at the Y. I have to be on site (but not right with her) while she volunteers so I will be doing some exercising and then some grading.

If you do your own lesson plans, WHEN do you do them during the week? I do not lesson plan for ds14. With him, we are just doing the next thing in his texts. For dd10, I lesson plan history, math and science. I try to do a month at a time. When I get low on lessons I start to lesson plan whenever I have a break in the day.