Menu

My age is showing, but I LOVE Air Supply!

Anybody remember those guys? My dh and I are sitting here singing Air Supply songs to each other :lol: Thank goodness for You tube.

OH MY WORD!!! I have to give a shout out to Chicago, too. Why has it been so long since I listened to these songs? If you want a cheap date, sit on the couch with your dh and listened to all these old songs. What a wonderful night!

Edited by maddykate

DH and I clean house to Air Supply. :D :001_wub: Our children leave the room because we're both singing at the tops of our voices and they think we're nuts! We get so much more done that way, and have more fun doing it.

YES!! Great songs to sing with!

Dh and I listen to The Carpenters, although we are not quite that old.

My kids and I are going on a road trip later this month, and I will be sure that The Partridge Family Greatest Hits CD is in the car. It's our favorite!

Ah, the Partridge Family. Cutting edge. :D I actually thought (at the time) that all the kids really sang along. I was devastated to find out that they were just window dressing.

In 2005 they played at our local fair. I got to meet them, hug them, and have pictures taken with them! I worked at the radio station who presented them on stage so I got some perks, but I was the youngest in the room by far! I grew up listening to Air Supply, and my kids are now growing up listening to them!

In 2005 they played at our local fair. I got to meet them, hug them, and have pictures taken with them! I worked at the radio station who presented them on stage so I got some perks, but I was the youngest in the room by far! I grew up listening to Air Supply, and my kids are now growing up listening to them!

How fun! Did they still sound good?

I once sat very close to a couple of members of AS on a plane. I was too shy to ask for an autograph, but the guy next to me was some sort of stage guy or maybe their producer or something. He gave me a beautifully shiny backstage stick-on pass I could use at their concert. Never went, but I thought it was pretty cool. I think I was in college, coming home to CT from Ohio State (so my parents weren't with me).

I like that song, too, Nance!

My best guy friend in college used to make fun of my Air Supply cassette, so one year I wrapped it up and gave it to him for Christmas. He gave it back the next year, and so on. He's still a close friend after 20+ years, and we still joke around and sing Air Supply songs to each other. So much cheesiness!

One of my first dates with my high school boyfriend was a Chicago concert! Crazy! That was so long ago!

One of my very favorite songs ever is "Making Love Out of Nothing At All." :D

I love that song too. My high school sweetheart and I declared it 'our song'. It brings back great memories.

I love Air Supply. :off to turn on Rhapsody:

I once sat very close to a couple of members of AS on a plane. I was too shy to ask for an autograph, but the guy next to me was some sort of stage guy or maybe their producer or something. He gave me a beautifully shiny backstage stick-on pass I could use at their concert. Never went, but I thought it was pretty cool. I think I was in college, coming home to CT from Ohio State (so my parents weren't with me).

I like that song, too, Nance!

What!!!? Oh.My.Word. :svengo: You were too shy to ask for a autograph?! When would you ever have that opportunity again?? You fool. :banghead:

I mean that in a loving way, by the way. :lol:

Cooooollll!!! :cheers2:

Now this is more like it Chris in VA.

:D

:D. I am actually only 37 but my sister was 6 years older so I was fortunate to be able to begin listening early.

My dh and I had so much fun last night listening to those old songs. It really is a good idea for a date night after you put the kiddos to bed. It was a great night.

How fun! Did they still sound good?

Yeah they were great still!! I could only watch half of the show but what I saw was great!

Charlie Daniels is one who should stop touring. I was really disappointed in Toby Keith last year too.

Journey is coming back this year and they were good last time.

:D. I am actually only 37 but my sister was 6 years older so I was fortunate to be able to begin listening early.

My dh and I had so much fun last night listening to those old songs. It really is a good idea for a date night after you put the kiddos to bed. It was a great night.

Only if your guy likes that kind of stuff. My dh can't stand Air Supply or Chicago. I still remember his criticising my Chicago 17 CD. :glare:

Anybody remember those guys? My dh and I are sitting here singing Air Supply songs to each other :lol: Thank goodness for You tube.

OH MY WORD!!! I have to give a shout out to Chicago, too. Why has it been so long since I listened to these songs? If you want a cheap date, sit on the couch with your dh and listened to all these old songs. What a wonderful night!

Yes, loved them. I was in high school when they were popular.

ME TOO!!!!!!!!

However, I can't listen to Journey without thinking of a boyfriend pre-DH. We were boy/girl friend in high school and then went out a bit later in our 20s. He now lives with his boyfriend in Japan. :tongue_smilie:

He used to sing Journey songs to me.

My husband won't even sing in church he thinks his singing is so bad. :lol:

when I saw Air Supply - I immediately began "I'm all out of love...."

love them too! brings me back to when I was a teenager.

i'm on the young side, but inherited an Air Supply cassette from one of my older brothers and loved it. listened to that cassette over and over, even turning my now DH onto them, until it was so warped and worn out it wouldnt play any more. Now I know what my next itunes purchases will be. lol:tongue_smilie:

Only if your guy likes that kind of stuff. My dh can't stand Air Supply or Chicago. I still remember his criticising my Chicago 17 CD. :glare:

Hahaha, yes that is true. I am not sure if my dh actually enjoyed listening to the songs or just enjoyed watching me try to sing them all :lol: Either way, it was fun.

Thank you all for reminiscing with me!