Menu

Fell down the stairs

I diagnosed myself with a bruised/cracked tailbone from a fall in September, and I have to tell you, it hurt for an entire month. At least. At one point I told DH that I was now an invalid forever. :lol:

It did eventually get better. I've never appreciated my ability to sit as much as I do now.

I fell down the stairs like that when I was in my 20s. I think the bad pain stopped after a couple weeks. Ibuprofen helped a lot!

But, that is now my weak spot. I can still feel where I hit when I fell. If I don't keep working out and working on the muscles surrounding the injury, I feel it!

:grouphug: gentle ones, of course.

I don't want to scare you, and I sincerely hope that yours heals faster than mine, but I went down a slide with a bump in it with DS last September. I did something to my lower spine/tail bone area right where the spine ends and it still hurts - mostly when I sit on it wrong (poor posture). I didn't even fall on it, just bumped over the bump in the slide. The first two months were the worst, though, when I couldn't change position from sitting to standing, standing to sitting, or rolling over in bed without major pain. Being in one position was fine, but changing position was killer.

I thought it was probably just a deep bruise, but my cousin who is taking sports medicine told me that is possible that I broke the coccix (not sure how it's spelled), but it should grow back.

I fell down the stairs like that when I was in my 20s. I think the bad pain stopped after a couple weeks. Ibuprofen helped a lot!

But, that is now my weak spot. I can still feel where I hit when I fell. If I don't keep working out and working on the muscles surrounding the injury, I feel it!

:grouphug: gentle ones, of course.

:iagree: I find that after I could move a little better (probably 2-3 weeks in), doing the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred again actually helped my back feel better. I couldn't even use it as an excuse to be lazy! :glare:

Yikes! I missed a chair and landed on the floor and hurt my tailbone and it did hurt for several weeks. I hope you feel better soon! :grouphug:

Same here. It was very painful to sit, walk, stairs were killer.

A couple years ago I fell down the stairs and this time I hit mainly on my left side. Got a big bruise on my hip, but the pain was only bad for a few days.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Same here. It was very painful to sit, walk, stairs were killer.

I broke my coccyx falling my freshman year in college, and the pain from walking up stairs and sitting in my Chemistry 105 class are what I remember most vividly. It hurt pretty badly for about a month, and then rapidly got to the point that it didn't bother me, though I could feel it was there. As others have said, though, it still (let's just say "decades" later) hurts occasionally. I should have taken Ibuprofen or Aleve or whatever the equivalent was at the time, but I didn't know any better. Having now had more experience than I care to with broken bones among my children, I an confident that OTC pain relievers do help relieve the pain from a broken bone. Our orthopedist likes Aleve, but Ibuprofen (big doses!) also works well.

Terri

My dh recently broke his tailbone. He went to the dr and was prescribed a pain killer that worked extremely well. He is very active and will not slow down. He'll work through any pain. But these, at least, allowed him to sleep at night. Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of medicine. But he will. He said these were the best ever. He gets hurt, a lot.

:grouphug::grouphug: Ouch!

My mom fell down the stairs three weeks ago. She initially thought she was fine and had just twisted her ankle. The X-ray shows she broke her foot. She just had an MRI on Tuesday. She doesn't find out the results until next Thursday. She's in a bunch of pain and is in a temporary cast. The bruising on her torso is just now going away. She's 63 and thinks she's too old to handle crutches so her doctor gave her a scooter.

About five years ago, I fell off the back of our boat while it was parked in the pasture. I fell about five feet and landed on my right knee. My knee is fine 99% of the time. It only hurts when I go on my knees. My doctor says I have a bruised bone. She told me she fell 10 years ago on her hip and the bone is still bruised and hurts when she lays on her side.

Hopefully you don't have a bruised bone!