Menu

Prayers please!!!!!! 6 yr son fell 12 feet

He climbed on top of a tunnel slide, not sure why when I always remind my kids of the rule of the playground. All I saw was my 8 yr son holding on to him as the other was hanging for life. I was at a picnic table with my baby and saw him falling on his back almost on top of my 3 yr son. I called my DD 13 to stop riding her bike and watch the baby as I go running to him. In the mean time there are two adult expectators literally standing just 4 feet away. Looking zombied out. There was a father who was sitting in the picnic table next me who just sat there. I came running and could not help yelling "Stupid people why you just stand there, see a child hurt and do nothing" It was horrifying. I must have sounded like a lunatic mad mamma but such feeling came over me. My son could not move his neck. What would you do? So I grab him and since he is a big kid no way to pick him up and had to walk him to the picnic table. Probably not the smartest thing for me to do. He is crying and tells me he could breath now, I did not know he was not even breathing it happened so fast. He is complaining of stomach pain, neck pain. All this thoughts of how he could end up came rushing to the forfront of my mind. I tell my daughter call 911....no call dad he works in orthopedic he would know if anything is broken. The father behind me just tells me to keep him sitting down, you should not have picked him up. I get advice but when I needed help your but was glued to your a.....I. am thinking outloud. As we are waiting for dh he starts looking better, moving his legs, arms and neck and walked a few steps to get water. Husband

arrived he is on his way to the hospital with son. I am sitting here waiting and waiting writing my mordified experience. All mighty loving YAH of all creation have mercy!

Update #1

Just got news, no broken bones according to the touch and see test. No blood in urine. Said to give him motrin. Praise YAH for hearing your heart moving prayers. Now the healing part for he is very sore. Thank you all who took time to pause and shared my expererience with me, I felt horrible inside. YAH bless you all.

Update #2

This is a miracle ladies, his got no bruising anywhere whatsoever and is not sore. When he came home last night he kept saying " I missed you mom and dear bothers and sister ". I think he got quiet a scare. So far I got me a new and improved son who says " yes, mom " to everything I ask of him without arguments. Praise YAH!

Edited by dands

:grouphug:

Oh my goodness! I'd have been a mess too! I think your reaction was completely appropriate.

Is there any news yet? About the not breathing - I bet he just had the wind knocked out of him. That is a terrifying feeling, but not a horrible concern. I'm glad you took him to the ER though. Better safe than sorry. Poor baby!

I am still waiting at home to hear something. I called my Dh many times and he does not answer. Maybe he left the cell in the car. Don't know.

Our local hospital doesn't have cell phone reception in the rooms. I'm sure it's something like that. Can you try calling the ER and asking for your husband?

Guest submarines

:grouphug: What an awfully high slide. I hope he is okay. DS fell once like this (from the top of a slide), but it was a more typical slide, maybe about 7 feet? He was fine, but it looked very scary.

:grouphug: Prayers sent your way...and you absolutely did not overreact. I think moms have a 6th sense about these things! My son had a nasty fall off his bike last summer and a passerby seemed surprised when I asked her to call 911. But the ER doc said I did the right thing. He had a small bruise on his liver and lungs--nothing serious, but could have been had I not had him checked out.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Bless your heart! Do you have anyone with you that can watch your other kids and give you some time to just unwind in the tub while you wait? If you have Lavendar oil and/or Epsom Salts, that would REALLY help your body to deal with the physical reaction to the shock of this.

I am saying a prayer for your son and for you.

:grouphug::grouphug:

Oh man, something similar happened to me when I was younger that totally freaked me out. When I was about 11, I was watching my almost 2 year old brother at a playground next to my other brother's baseball game while my dad watched the game. At one point, my toddler brother tried to go down the fire pole and fell. He was knocked unconscious. I didn't see it happen, but I was looking for him and when I found him he was blue. I started screaming and the ambulance came and they didn't want to move him because it looked like he might have broken his neck. It was horrible and terribly traumatizing. Luckily, he was just fine, but I've been there and totally understand. I still feel anxiety every time I take my kids to the park. I can only imagine as a mother, and actually seeing it happen would be worse!

:grouphug: How terrifying for you both. I am sadly not surprised by the lack of bystanders helping. I can see being shocked for half a second but when you started screaming they should have snapped out of it and helped you, even if to nothing more than hold your hand while you fretted.

I am so glad to hear your ds will be okay. I suspect that tomorrow his back is going to hurt something fierce.

Oh man, something similar happened to me when I was younger that totally freaked me out. When I was about 11, I was watching my almost 2 year old brother at a playground next to my other brother's baseball game while my dad watched the game. At one point, my toddler brother tried to go down the fire pole and fell. He was knocked unconscious. I didn't see it happen, but I was looking for him and when I found him he was blue. I started screaming and the ambulance came and they didn't want to move him because it looked like he might have broken his neck. It was horrible and terribly traumatizing. Luckily, he was just fine, but I've been there and totally understand. I still feel anxiety every time I take my kids to the park. I can only imagine as a mother, and actually seeing it happen would be worse!

Oh man! That's horrible!!! I'm so sorry!

Am I the only one staying up late hoping for a good update from OP!? I totally feel for you! This could be any one of us. And, I have a six year old and I keep putting her in your ds' shoes. . . .

Just got news, no broken bones according to the touch and see test. No blood in urine. Said to give him motrin. Praise YAH for hearing your heart moving prayers. Now the healing part for he is very sore. Thank you all who took time to pause and shared my expererience with me, I felt horrible inside. YAH bless you all.

Poor little fellow! If you are open to using homeopathics, Arnica would be great in helping with the overall healing (bruises, swelling, etc.). You could get it at any health food store.

Update #1

Update #2

This is a miracle ladies, his got no bruising anywhere whatsoever and is not sore. When he came home last night he kept saying " I missed you mom and dear bothers and sister ". I think he got quiet a scare. So far I got me a new and improved son who says " yes, mom " to everything I ask of him without arguments. Praise YAH!

That is a miracle for sure! Awesome!!! :001_smile: