Menu

He's Reading.

Yes, he's 10 and yes, it's just a Dr. Seuss book but we've been struggling with his reading for so long and last year at this time he would have had a hard time with some of the BOB books. He was reading George's Marvelous Medicine last night but that was after some arm twisting. Right now he's reading a book he choose for his own enjoyment and he's doing it with expression and ease. It's so wonderful to hear.:001_smile:

Thank you, thank you, thank you Dancing Bears!

:D

Thanks you guys. I just tucked him in and he was so happy and proud that he was almost in tears. I think it snuck up on him. I told him it was quiet reading time and he wouldn't touch George's Marvelous Medicine (although he loves that book-when I read it to him) and went to get a book to look at, "just for the pictures." Then he sat down on the couch and before I knew it he was reading out loud and just never stopped. I suspect that he'll take off now and be at grade level in fairly short order.

:cheers2: <-----That's Bart with his Congratulatory Beer.:lol:

I *know* exactly how you feel. Enjoy it!!! We are at the end of Fast Track and I could KISS those Dancing Bears!!!:D

(It's nice to be planning next year with a READING child in mind, isn't it!?!)

Yes, he's 10 and yes, it's just a Dr. Seuss book but we've been struggling with his reading for so long and last year at this time he would have had a hard time with some of the BOB books. He was reading George's Marvelous Medicine last night but that was after some arm twisting. Right now he's reading a book he choose for his own enjoyment and he's doing it with expression and ease. It's so wonderful to hear.:001_smile:

Thank you, thank you, thank you Dancing Bears!

:D

Thanks you guys. I just tucked him in and he was so happy and proud that he was almost in tears. I think it snuck up on him. I told him it was quiet reading time and he wouldn't touch George's Marvelous Medicine (although he loves that book-when I read it to him) and went to get a book to look at, "just for the pictures." Then he sat down on the couch and before I knew it he was reading out loud and just never stopped. I suspect that he'll take off now and be at grade level in fairly short order.

That's wonderful!!!!! Good for him! And for you!!!!