Menu

Ewww, just gross!

They did a segment on ABC World News tonight, and apparently the "pink slime" is in most of the ground beef we get from grocery stores, too. :glare: I had no idea before tonight. We'll be sticking to organic hamburger from now on.

Really? Blech:ack2:

They did a segment on ABC World News tonight, and apparently the "pink slime" is in most of the ground beef we get from grocery stores, too. :glare: I had no idea before tonight. We'll be sticking to organic hamburger from now on.

Yep, that's very true. And until recently McDonald's was using it in their beef products as well. They say it wasn't, but I think it was because Jamie Oliver exposed this fact a long time ago on a show of his that they stopped using it. I can't believe this is just now getting out about it being in grocery store meat.

I saw they same broadcast. GROSS! I love ground beef but now that the secret is out I don't want to buy any. Does anyone know if Safeway uses Pink Slime? I found this @ http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/03/is-pink-slime-in-the-beef-at-your-grocery-store/ :

ABC News emailed the top 10 grocery chains in America. Only Publix, Costco, HEB and Whole Foods responded, saying they don’t use pink slime. No word yet from the rest....
After watching some videos on YouTube, I have decided I'm going to try and grind my own meat. My KitchenAid grinder attachment should be here tomorrow. I hope the grinding is as easy as it looks in the videos. :)

I saw they same broadcast. GROSS! I love ground beef but now that the secret is out I don't want to buy any. Does anyone know if Safeway uses Pink Slime? I found this @ http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/03/is-pink-slime-in-the-beef-at-your-grocery-store/ :

After watching some videos on YouTube, I have decided I'm going to try and grind my own meat. My KitchenAid grinder attachment should be here tomorrow. I hope the grinding is as easy as it looks in the videos. :)

Mine works well, but a little tip, after cutting the meat into strips, pop the meat in the freezer until it is firming up and icy, but NOT frozen. Keeps your machine cooler, the blades sharper and the meat stays cooler.