Menu

Long Skirts for dd

Thrift stores. Find some funky ones for older kids/women, cut off the original waistband and add an elastic waist. If there's a lining, sew the lining to the outer fabric at the top first, to make it easier. Or buy some cute fabric and sew some up - it's really easy. The nice thing about using thrifted ones is that you can keep all the embellishment and trims, and often even the original hem, which saves you a lot of labor over making one from scratch.

My girls wear only long skirts by (their) choice, and have learned to make them. Is that an option? They can whip one out in a couple days if they focus on it, a week without devoting a ton of time each day to it.

If it's not an option, I bet my girls would be happy to make your daughter some. I could send you pictures of the patterns/skirts they have. PM me if you want to chat about that.

CWD has some maxi skirts and maxi dresses out right now :D

I got that catalog yesterday. Too cute for words. I thought I called and asked all the companies to stop sending me paper catalogues, but DWD must not have gotten my message yet. It was fun to see how cute. Another awesome, but impossibly costly company for darling long skirts and such, is Chasing Fireflies.

Another awesome, but impossibly costly company for darling long skirts and such, is Chasing Fireflies.

I love browsing through Chasing Fireflies with my dd. Thankfully, my mom is an accomplished seamstress, so we're sewing a few on our own based on the CF pictures.

Sewing a long a-line skirt is fairly easy, so that could be a good route to go.