Menu

Hypothetically...

If my Jr were to come home and is currently taking: Latin III, Sports Marketing, English, and Advanced Math(trig) what would/could I pick up and do the easiest?

He is unhappy with many social aspects of school and many other things. Advice ladies???

If you're referring to finishing out this school year at home, I'd sweet talk the school into letting you borrow his current texts and materials through the end of the year. :) I'm thinking the Sports Marketing might be the more challenging course to find materials for, but then again, I've never tried. Others may have good suggestions for that.

Honestly, his schedule looks really light for junior year. I'd ask him what his interests are and add those. What is he doing for history and science? If he's not doing anything, I'd definitely add those in. If he works through the summer in those two subjects, he should be able to complete a full year before next fall.

What are his goals?

ETA: I'd also add in test prep.

Edited by Teachin'Mine

The Latin III, English and math would be easy. Borrow or buy a copy of the book (and the answer guide if you need it.)

I'm not sure what is covered in Sports Marketing at a high school level or even what one would do with it. I might drop that and replace it with a science - if he's into sports, maybe anatomy/physiology.

What are his goals? That is the critical part of the question. If Sports Marketing is where he wants to end up, can he research some colleges that offer that and see what their requirements are?

Oh yes it looks light because they are on block scheduling. I forgot to add that. He takes 8 classes total-Chemistry, History, PE, and something else I forget were in the fall. I could probably borrow the books since we are friends with one of the Asst principals.

Oh yes it looks light because they are on block scheduling. I forgot to add that. He takes 8 classes total-Chemistry, History, PE, and something else I forget were in the fall. I could probably borrow the books since we are friends with one of the Asst principals.

So glad to hear that! :lol:

Since you can probably borrow the books, that would be what I would go with to finish out the year. I would add in test prep as that's always a good idea. Then I'd spend a good bit of time researching materials and options for next year. Some dual enrollment, if it's available to you, would probably be a great idea.

Before he leaves, it might not be a bad idea for him to ask some of the teachers for recommendations, or at least to get their contact info. This may be very helpful for college applications. He might also ask the same of his guidance counselor.