Menu

Question about Sonlight...

3boysmama

Can anyone tell me if Sonlight does this? I'm wondering if when the new stuff comes out next month if they will let you choose (new vs current edition) which one you want for a limited time (like until they sell all of the current edition ones)? Or will you only be able to get the new edition immediatly starting in April? Does that make sense? I hope I'm making sense!! :tongue_smilie:

I want to get Core D, but sorta wanted to wait and see what all the changes were going to be like, but if I don't like them I still want to be able to get the one they are selling right now. Will they do anything like that?

Can anyone tell me if Sonlight does this? I'm wondering if when the new stuff comes out next month if they will let you choose (new vs current edition) which one you want for a limited time (like until they sell all of the current edition ones)? Or will you only be able to get the new edition immediatly starting in April? Does that make sense? I hope I'm making sense!! :tongue_smilie:

I want to get Core D, but sorta wanted to wait and see what all the changes were going to be like, but if I don't like them I still want to be able to get the one they are selling right now. Will they do anything like that?

You can order 2011 version until midnight Central Time on April 1. Then, they go offline to change the system over and when they come back on, you can only buy 2012. They plan on it being a matter of hours, but last year, I had to wait for a week to be able to buy because the system was so messed up.

To add to what Kathryn said, sometimes the catalog will go online a couple of days before April 1, or sometimes we'll get it in the mail before April 1, and then you can decide if you want to buy the old or the new. You won't have much time though if you do have that time.

I started HS in 2010 and all the changes really grind me the wrong way. If it was only a couple of books but now with all the changes in the IG.

Between Shipping and Tax I will pay over 38% on top of the purchase price and this is if I order above $900.

I had a plan for the next two years and have bought over $3000 from them (not counting the shipping charges).

It is really annoying to spring these major changes and only give us a couple of days to decide.

It is not like I can really afford to return the stuff seeing that shipping and tax is so high over here.

I think I will go with the old ones as there was more flexibility...

Thanks everyone!! I may just go ahead and order it.

I read another post last night after I posted this about how they were changing the 4 and 5 day schedules. Everything else I have read about hasn't really been a big deal to me, but I do NOT like the idea of using a random book on Fridays only. I guess I could always exchange it for the new one when it comes out if I decide I love it better.

:grouphug: April, if you had said Core E, I would have said if you ordered the newest version after they released it and didn't like it I'd swap you. I *just* ordered the 2011 version off their site like literally an hour before I got the first email about the big cool new changes. I NEED it, but man it was really tempting to call them and say, "Give me the newest one instead!" :lol:

I REALLY love the thought of NOT having to flip around for the book notes, kwim?